• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear Differential Service

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thank you for the info on the rear diff. It looks like the front diff also has a drain plug just below the fill, is that correct.
Yes that is correct, but the front differential is an oddball weight from mopar, every bit of research that I did people just switch to 75w90. Also is that the bottle does not fit to fill, you can either use a gear oil pump or what I did was put a section of hose on a gear oil cap and basically fill from the wheel well.

mel

Nov 4, 2017
Truck Year
Yes that is correct, but the front differential is an oddball weight from mopar, every bit of research that I did people just switch to 75w90. Also is that the bottle does not fit to fill, you can either use a gear oil pump or what I did was put a section of hose on a gear oil cap and basically fill from the wheel well.
thank you for the info.
the front diff oil is spendy to say the least.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
thank you for the info.
the front diff oil is spendy to say the least.
Yea just use a full synthetic 75w90. Seems to be the common replacement!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I had a photo of how I filled the front but no dice finding it. Sorry!