• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

recall notice r59

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
just received a recall for left rear axle shaft not properly heat treated and to make an appointment for deal to inspect/ replace it, 2015/16 1500series says exists in certain 2015 and 2016 model year trucks

Attachments

• scan0001.pdf
    886 KB · Views: 35

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
sorry about the upload, i just updated to windows 10 and I'm still trying to figure it out

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I have a Jan built '15 and still don't have any recalls. I've been checking the mail and the VIN recall sites daily but nothing.

This axle recall really is scary. That's not something you want breaking going down the road at 60mph...

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
it says may not have been heat treated, so they have to inspect it to determine, if it needs replaced, to do that they would have to remove the bearing from the axle and inspect the bearing surface, i just do not trust dealerships had one do repairs on our car under an extended warranty
come to find out later they never touch it but billed the warrant company $1500, so when i found out i called Chrysler complaint division and filled a claim against the dealership with proof that work was not done, well i guess that goes against their rating, its like poking a bear, needless to say say the work was done and my deductible was waived, hard to trust them after that, but i have no choice..........

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea I can see how that would burn your trust. Unbelievable that a shop would do that. Some people just have no character.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
call dealership to set up appointment, was told they pull axle to get part # to see if it is the one effected if not they reassemble and refill differential, 1/2 day at most,

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
recall done yesterday 3 hrs, my left axle was determined to be bad by the part number, not all will be.

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
recall done yesterday 3 hrs, my left axle was determined to be bad by the part number, not all will be.
Swordfish did they just put a new axle in? My truck is at the dealer to be fixed because axle, bearing and seal started going.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
yes new axle if it is a certain part# something to do with a 4 in the part# mine was replaced, just axle, my bearing and seal were fine, regardless yours should be covered under warranty