• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recall work

Firemedic54_9

Jun 21, 2019
Truck Year
I had the emissions recall and park assist recall done on the truck, I’ve now noticed that I have to be going 65 mph to get the truck to shift to 8th gear meaning when I’m at 60-65 mph it’s running in 7th and at about 2000rpm 90% of the time. I called and asked because it didn’t do it before the recall stuff so now they have to do a diagnostic on it to see what’s going on. I’m not gonna be happy if I have to pay for something that was fine before the recall work. Anybody else ever heard of this happening?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I had the emissions recall and park assist recall done on the truck, I’ve now noticed that I have to be going 65 mph to get the truck to shift to 8th gear meaning when I’m at 60-65 mph it’s running in 7th and at about 2000rpm 90% of the time. I called and asked because it didn’t do it before the recall stuff so now they have to do a diagnostic on it to see what’s going on. I’m not gonna be happy if I have to pay for something that was fine before the recall work. Anybody else ever heard of this happening?
It seems a few more are having shifting issues post recall work. I would be pretty stern with the dealer, also open a case with FCA to see if they can help.

Firemedic54_9

Jun 21, 2019
Truck Year
Thank you, when I called they were like you NEED bring it back in, I said so it is something from the recall and they said we don’t know we have never seen the truck, I was like it was just there 4 days ago. They tell me it may cost me a diagnostic fee but it didn’t have this problem when it went in so in my opinion they can fix it for free.