• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recomendation for after market filters for Eco Diesel

gpeters

Jun 22, 2019
Truck Year
I'm due for an oil change on my 2017 Ram Eco Diesel which I do myself. I'm at my 48,000 km interval and according to maintenance recommendation, I need to replace the air filter and fuel filter.

Can someone give me a recommendation for what brand to use? And also where I can buy online?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I've done all my fuel and oil filter changes myself as well. On my initial oil change, I found an OEM Mopar filter on Amazon for less than the (then) advertised price of like $50+ dollars. (I think I paid like $29 for it.) 10,000 miles later, when I went to change it again, there were some alternative filters available for half that (like a very well-rated WIX filter) which is what I've put in since - for both the Oil and Fuel filter replacements. Someone showed a photo of the 'non-Mopar' ones which said 'Made in Korea' or something like that, and another countered with a photo of the OEM Mopar filter. Clearly stamped on the bottom of it is 'Made in China.' :cautious: So I think any quality filter is worth it. I get mine through Rock Auto and they have ratings on all their products, and I get the highest-rated one (which has been WIX, as noted) for the best price offered. Good luck! :)

Last edited: