• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reimbursement Timeline?

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Only took 9 minutes to get offer package. . .after 6 months of BS. Just called in and got lucky as a case manager answered and took over my case, was able to start a new claim # for me over the phone and got the offer email before we hung up.
Again, that's over 6 months after submitting my original claim. Many months of phone calls in to them, and NOTHING until after 4 months. . .then they said I needed my current registration as after 4 months it had expired. Then found out my case manager had quit, and nobody had picked it up. Last week thought things were resolved, even got the "OFFER EXTENDED" status update, but no offer letter email came in. And none of that mattered in the end because my case had been closed 5 months ago because they thought somebody else had correctly submitted "current owner" claim in on my truck. . .which was me, as at month two they had me start a new claim because they thought at first I didn't own the truck when AEM done, but didn't kill off the first claim before doing so. What a mess!!!!
Tisha, the one that got things done finally said that next processing date is Dec. 30th. . .

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Only 6 month! I'm now over 7 months and even after contacting the lawyers office nothing seems to change. They still say the don't have my paperwork even though it has been sent every way possible and in every format and size possible.
I thought I would see it by Christmas, but now I guess I need to hope for NEXT Christmas. Bummer.

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
Check this out: I should have my check in a week or so.
Claim submitted
Document package complete
Offer extended
Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Received
Signed Offer Letter and Signed and Notarized Release Verified
Approved Emissions Modifications Installed
HourGlass.jfif
Settlement Check Mailed

Good luck with at mine was finalized on09/21/2019 still waiting called today and they told since I asked for the full amount I would be waiting possibly additional 3 months this was after I was told check would probably mail out the 2week of December

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
You are supposed to be paid 4 to six weeks from the date of the service. Since they are making interest on the money daily, you can bet your sweet ass it will be a full six weeks!
Or longer if your not the original owner

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
Dealership did the update in may when I didn’t know about any lawsuit filed the paperwork in July it was finalized in September and still waiting for a damn check 🤬🤬

JohnBoots

Sep 16, 2019
Truck Year
Filed in May and finally decided to hit the CHAT button this evening while checking the status of my claim. Here's the response I received:
Aaron (12/17/2019, 7:41:43 PM): Your check is in the processing stage because you chose the full payment option which means they will not start processing the check until after all claims submitted from May through August have been processed. During that time FCA received well over 50,000 claims via mail and electronically. The date for processing has been extended several times and right now we are down to the last 2200 claims to process. Once all the claims received during that time have been processed then they will start sending out 1 full payment checks and the 2nd payment checks. Unfortunately we do not have a definite date when this will happen but it should happen soon.

JohnBoots

Sep 16, 2019
Truck Year
Filed in May and finally decided to hit the CHAT button this evening while checking the status of my claim. Here's the response I received:
Aaron (12/17/2019, 7:41:43 PM): Your check is in the processing stage because you chose the full payment option which means they will not start processing the check until after all claims submitted from May through August have been processed. During that time FCA received well over 50,000 claims via mail and electronically. The date for processing has been extended several times and right now we are down to the last 2200 claims to process. Once all the claims received during that time have been processed then they will start sending out 1 full payment checks and the 2nd payment checks. Unfortunately we do not have a definite date when this will happen but it should happen soon.

What a load of BS!!!

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
I was told it will an additional 3 months

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
Update to an Update to an Update....
You'll see more than a few posts by me in this thread regarding FCA's payments for a.) settlement check, b.) reimbursement for the EGR cooler which was later covered under the Emissions Settlement and c.) 'second owner' reimbursement.
Regarding c.), as noted in a post a few months ago, I called FCA in mid-August to ask them about the last $615 due me as I KNOW no other claims were filed by any previous owner. (The first owner sadly passed away shortly after I bought the truck; secondary to that, he'd been co-owner of the dealership, and was battling cancer, and sold the dealership shortly after I bought the EcoDiesel. As he'd 'owned' the truck under the no-longer-existing dealership, even had he not passed away, they couldn't have filed a claim as that entity no longer exists. This was confirmed by my salesman, who was his son-in-law.)
Anyway, in mid-August, I was told by 'Mary' that if no claims had been filed, I'd receive a check in mid-September. It's now nearly November, and I've received nothing, nor gotten any updates of any kind on the balance. So I called the Emissions Hotline again, and spoke with 'Diamond.' She told me, "Oh, the timeframe for first owners to file was extended to October 31st; you'll just get a check if no one has made a claim as first owner by then." I told her, "Well, I heard just about the same thing in mid-August, and no one mentioned them extending the timeline to the end of October."
So I then called FCA's 'Customer Care' and explained all I wanted was some information on the balance of the settlement monies I should be receiving. 'Sam' looked up my information, and informed me he'd have to transfer me to another department. In this circular fiasco, he punched me back through to the Emissions Hotline, where I listened to all the pre-recorded claptrap once again.
If there are other 'second owners' out there, has ANYONE ever receive their final installment of the $3075.00? (I got $2460, I've been repeatedly told I SHOULD get the remaining $615, though no one at FCA can give me a status on it...)
Thanks Gang!
And so it goes... :cautious: :cautious::cautious:
I been told the same run around claim was finalized September 21st no I’m being told that anyone that took the full option and 2nd checks will not be mailed out until all 2200 claims between May thru August have been Processed and potentially will take an additional 3 months !!! We will be filing a complaint against theFCA as this was not what we agreed to in the settlement and does NOT mention extensions for previous owners for and additional month..??? Where is that in the settlement now we are told we have another 3 months for 2200 claims to be processed? Don’t see that in the settlement either? My truck was in the shop for 2 months after they did this emissions crap and the truck still runs like crap No longer a lifer on Chrysler never again !!! Crap product not surprised the service is crap too someday this will come back on them !! and I hope to live long enough to see it !!!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well had the AEM done a couple of weeks ago, filed the notarized papers on Nov. 16th. Checked the FCA claim tracker today. According to this I will probably receive a check late Dec. or so. We will see how it goes.
View attachment 2424
Quoting my own post for date reference! I received my check from today Dec. 19th, 31 days since I filed the notarized paperwork.
GDE engine tune has been installed, SFK trans tune waiting in the OBD reader for installation this weekend! Leveling kit and new tires by the 1st. of the year. Also have timber grove enterprises ASAM waiting to go on after the 1st of the year!
now for that leveling kit and new tires!

dmt

Dec 23, 2019
Truck Year
I had my work done in April. Ive been dragged on every time ive called and the dates for any prior owner was told to me different each time. Now Ive been told they extended it 8 weeks for mailing of my check. Like Ive said , April the work was complete. All requested paperwork had been done. Three more months and It'll be a year. Yes I seriously beleive this is a scam, now they have our vin numbers and all our info.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I had my work done in April. Ive been dragged on every time ive called and the dates for any prior owner was told to me different each time. Now Ive been told they extended it 8 weeks for mailing of my check. Like Ive said , April the work was complete. All requested paperwork had been done. Three more months and It'll be a year. Yes I seriously beleive this is a scam, now they have our vin numbers and all our info.
I'm wondering about that myself. I got the first part of my reimbursement - $2460 - in July (after several months of run-around; update was done very early - like April or May), and was told (and it's in the paperwork) that if the 'previous owner' didn't file by August 3rd, the balance would be sent. I called in late August and the multiple people I spoke with all told me different stories. (I'm sure I have posts about all the run-around scattered around this site.)
First it was "Oh, we extended the timeframe from August 3rd to the end of September. If no claim from a previous owner is received by then, you'll get a check within 30 days." Then when I called in like October, it was, "We have no way of tracking when you'll get the rest of your money." I called both the Emissions lawsuit hot-line as well as Customer Care, and no one can give me any updates at all. Now it's 2020 and still now clue when the balance ($615) will arrive. :mad:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Not making excuses for poor customer service, FCA should have had a plan and tracking mechanism in place but I wonder how many trucks have been bought and sold multiple times and have had multiple owners (3 or more) in multiple states.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I'm wondering about that myself. I got the first part of my reimbursement - $2460 - in July (after several months of run-around; update was done very early - like April or May), and was told (and it's in the paperwork) that if the 'previous owner' didn't file by August 3rd, the balance would be sent. I called in late August and the multiple people I spoke with all told me different stories. (I'm sure I have posts about all the run-around scattered around this site.)
First it was "Oh, we extended the timeframe from August 3rd to the end of September. If no claim from a previous owner is received by then, you'll get a check within 30 days." Then when I called in like October, it was, "We have no way of tracking when you'll get the rest of your money." I called both the Emissions lawsuit hot-line as well as Customer Care, and no one can give me any updates at all. Now it's 2020 and still now clue when the balance ($615) will arrive. :mad:
Well...knock me over with a feather. I snagged my mail out of the mailbox last night, and FINALLY found an envelope with a check for the final $615 of the reimbursement settlement. Only took an extra five months to receive it, in spite of the repeated assurances it "...should be mailed in September." (Of 2019!) Only about 10 months total from having the work done (as well as paying over $2000 for an EGR failure during the process) to getting all monies assured me in-hand. I've traded the EcoDiesel in for a Hemi, and the last I knew, one of the staff at the dealership was driving it around. Apparently there hasn't been a line-up of folks wanting to buy the truck with the problematic power-plant. This saga is finally DONE. :)

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I feel like you must stay on top of them to get it, hoping you (the customer) will just give up.
I agree. I pestered them every couple weeks for much of that time! I didn't personally attack any of the phone reps - they don't have control over the third party entity, nor did they have the visibility on the status on a case-by-case basis. I'm sure that was by design. I just keep remembering when my Brother-in-Law had a Fiat Spyder 30+ years ago. All we ever did was tease him that FIAT stood for "Fix It Again, Tony!" Seems like from a 'Global Corporate Philosophy' perspective, Fiat isn't any better than it was back then, and certainly doesn't seem to have the knack for customer satisfaction that Daimler did when they owned Chrysler. JMHO, YMMV.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
FCA settlement sent an official post card that said that I have an extended warranty and qualify for up to $3,075.
I guess it’s time to get on the online website and fill out the information since I am the original owner. I imagine most people jumped on it at the beginning to get the money. I hear another class action is coming along now.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
FCA settlement sent an official post card that said that I have an extended warranty and qualify for up to $3,075.
I guess it’s time to get on the online website and fill out the information since I am the original owner. I imagine most people jumped on it at the beginning to get the money. I hear another class action is coming along now.
Can't hurt. Many have gone with an after-market 'tune' for the engine after getting the emissions software updated as it does affect mileage and performance. I got $2460 within 3-4 months, but - as a second owner - waited forever for the final $615, and also had to put in for out-of-pocket expenses which now should be fully covered and not something you pay for then wait to get reimbursed. Good Luck!

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Oh - and to be clear. While I've NOT been happy with this entire emissions settlement process with my 2015 Eco-Diesel (which I got used in 2016), I've had Chrysler products since I got my driver's license 40+ years ago. (Dad was primarily a Mopar man.) We've had both Dodge and Plymouth mini-vans we bought new and put over 250,000 miles on with nothing more than normal maintenance. I had a 2000 Quad Cab I bought new in late 1999 with a 360 Magnum V8 I loved (other than it couldn't pass a gas station) which I had for 17 years. (That only had 84,000 miles on it when I sold it; I parked it and drove a Caliber around as it got three times the gas mileage.) My wife's got a 2012 Jeep Compass with a 2.5l four cylinder we bought new; 103,000 miles on it and again nothing more than normal maintenance. The Eco Diesel was the only problem vehicle we ever had, and I'm very happy with my 2019 RAM Bighorn 'Classic' with the 5.7 Hemi.

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Oh - and to be clear. While I've NOT been happy with this entire emissions settlement process with my 2015 Eco-Diesel (which I got used in 2016), I've had Chrysler products since I got my driver's license 40+ years ago. (Dad was primarily a Mopar man.) We've had both Dodge and Plymouth mini-vans we bought new and put over 250,000 miles on with nothing more than normal maintenance. I had a 2000 Quad Cab I bought new in late 1999 with a 360 Magnum V8 I loved (other than it couldn't pass a gas station) which I had for 17 years. (That only had 84,000 miles on it when I sold it; I parked it and drove a Caliber around as it got three times the gas mileage.) My wife's got a 2012 Jeep Compass with a 2.5l four cylinder we bought new; 103,000 miles on it and again nothing more than normal maintenance. The Eco Diesel was the only problem vehicle we ever had, and I'm very happy with my 2019 RAM Bighorn 'Classic' with the 5.7 Hemi.
Hey Mando. . .have you heard of anyone having to wait basically a year to get settlement check? Turns out my original submission was cancelled by a rep who was subsequently fired/quit so I sat in limbo for several months, and many phone calls that the reps did not realize this was the issue. Of course then I was given the out dated registration issue as reason, as it had been so long as the registration on file had expired. Then they realized the initial case was cancelled, and implemented a new case about 8 months ago. Went through the hoops again of submitting proof of purchase, registration, etc. etc. About 5 months ago my status online switched to Check mailed. . .which I know means another month or two. But 4 months ago I got an email stating "AEM Completion needed" and called and got an actual case manageer who said it was an error and would be pushed through. Within a day my online status switched again to Check mailed. 3 months ago I called in to check status, and they again asked for registration, which I did, and they saw it while still on the phone and they said that would do it. About 6 weeks ago, I called in, and now the reason is they couldn't process because they don't have proof of purchase (again). They now have that again. . .but I am getting tired. It will be 1 year tomorrow since settlement submission, and submission is exactly what it feels like. . .