• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remote Start?

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Anyone have any recommendations for an easy to install aftermarket remote start for my 2016 Laramie that didn't come with it for some reason?

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I had an electronics dealer install a compustar brand remote start on my 2015 eco that works flawlwssly and you can use it with your regular factory remote. They have a module with a wireing harness that doesn,t need to have any of the factuary wireing cut into. Only 1 wire needs to be soldered to a hot wire that is always hot. It can be programed to run longer than the factory remote start. I have mine programed to run for 30 minutes. you hit the lock button 3 times to start the truck. It cost me about $450. I had an estimate from my dealer and they wanted about $675 to install factory equipment and I thought he was giving me a snow job. He told me they have to take out the rear interior ect.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I had an electronics dealer install a compustar brand remote start on my 2015 eco that works flawlwssly and you can use it with your regular factory remote. They have a module with a wireing harness that doesn,t need to have any of the factuary wireing cut into. Only 1 wire needs to be soldered to a hot wire that is always hot. It can be programed to run longer than the factory remote start. I have mine programed to run for 30 minutes. you hit the lock button 3 times to start the truck. It cost me about $450. I had an estimate from my dealer and they wanted about $675 to install factory equipment and I thought he was giving me a snow job. He told me they have to take out the rear interior ect.

Good info..

I know a few years ago most folks seem to have issues with aftermarket. Sounds like they've gotten better.

Do you remember the brand?

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
The name on the remote is compuStar. I did research on the internet and this one cost more than some of the others but had good reviews. You get what you pay for. There is a card with directions on how to operate the remote control.and the name is Firstech,llc. The remote has a longer range than the original Chrysler remote. I am satisfied with it but will not use it after this week. Trading of my eco for a charger GT AWD. I will miss the Ram but don,t want it anymore because of all the problems.