• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remove Egr or not

Xingerbay

May 28, 2021
Truck Year
Hi guys, to remove or not to remove that is the question lol
I have a 2015 eco-diesel with 135,000 on it I’ve been waiting quite some time to do the EGR DPF system delete.
The plan was to get the EGR recall done and do the delete shortly after, so my truck just came out of the shop with a brand new EGR, it’s now time to do the delete.
My question is should I remove the EGR ? As I have heard about the potential coolant leak issues that can happen or is this an updated part and should I be OK with just blocking it off?
Are there pros and cons for each application or is there a definitive better option between the two?
I’m leaning towards using BC diesel for the tune and exhaust pipe as I am here in Canada, but I am open to other opinions as well, thanks guys this place is awesome!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Replace your plenum at the same time. with 135K it looks like this.

1646835982709.jpeg

Or worst
1646836039869.jpeg

Xingerbay

May 28, 2021
Truck Year
Oh wow, How did it even run with the second one lol
Are these cleanable, I’m assuming those are the swirl valves I’ve read about

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
They have drop in price it, just replace....The time it would take to clean out is not worst the cost to replace, You likely will find debris on intake ports in the head.

Jeepoxy

Jul 22, 2022
Truck Year
So did you get the egr/dpf delete done, and how do you like it ? I just got mine back from the dealership from the having egr recall done. But I am planning to get it deleted soon. I was considering replacing any of the rubber hoses, including the turbo coolant feed.

Proudfoot

Feb 20, 2022
Truck Year
I’ve seen a lot of questions about deletes, but know real answers, I would like to do a delete on my 2015 with 151000 but unsure if it’s a good idea

Baldguy187

Dec 1, 2021
Truck Year
OK so I just did my delete a month ago. I love it. Got my power back and meg's back. Went to FL. For a family vacation. Got 30 mpg on the way down and 29 on rhe way back. the torque & Horsepower are insane. You won't believe it's a 6 cylinder. Get a pedal monster or pedal commander or something like them. That makes it even better!! I love it.

Proudfoot

Feb 20, 2022
Truck Year
OK so I just did my delete a month ago. I love it. Got my power back and meg's back. Went to FL. For a family vacation. Got 30 mpg on the way down and 29 on rhe way back. the torque & Horsepower are insane. You won't believe it's a 6 cylinder. Get a pedal monster or pedal commander or something like them. That makes it even better!! I love it.
I’ve seen a lot of questions about deletes, but know real answers, I would like to do a delete on my 2015 with 151000 but unsure if it’s a good idea
So where did you get the parts you needed to do the complete delete and did you do it yourself, average cost about $6000 or more?

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
I would like to delete the EGR as I have seen its effects but am hesitant, especially with all the stories in the news lately of tuners and private citizens getting busted recently for emissions modifications, seems like they're cracking down. I have a emission compliant Green Diesel tune, I'm curious to see the EGR tube next time I clean it, see if it helped with the soot. With that tune, I do average 29.5mpg at 70 on the freeway in a 2016. You don't need a delete to get good gas mileage but I can see how it would help protect the engine.

Jeepoxy

Jul 22, 2022
Truck Year
That is a good point. It would really suck to invest into doing a delete, if irrefutable damage has occurred. Unfortunately I’m no mechanic so I have no idea. But I wonder if you could take it somewhere where they could test the life/condition of the engine ?

Jeepoxy

Jul 22, 2022
Truck Year
I would like to delete the EGR as I have seen its effects but am hesitant, especially with all the stories in the news lately of tuners and private citizens getting busted recently for emissions modifications, seems like they're cracking down. I have a emission compliant Green Diesel tune, I'm curious to see the EGR tube next time I clean it, see if it helped with the soot. With that tune, I do average 29.5mpg at 70 on the freeway in a 2016. You don't need a delete to get good gas mileage but I can see how it would help protect the engine.
Which states have you seen crackdowns on emissions?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well you would need a new tune if you decided to delete.