• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing a heater core on a 2016 ecoDiesel

RVSFarms

Mar 12, 2019
Truck Year
Does anyone have experience and can explain on how to replace the heater core on a 2016 Dodge 1500 eco diesel?

We have 3 eco diesels and all 3 have had trouble with heat in the cab.
2 of them you cycle the power and it works ...or disconnect the battery.

But the other one stopped working completely for a week and now all of a sudden truck started to overheat as well.

Dealer says the heater core and thermostat need to be replaced and antifreeze flush. Labor $1800 and parts $658

Would like to do the work on our own if anyone can explain the easiest way to replace the heater core. Thanks.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
you can buy the shop manual cheap on CD on ebay. At 1800 I convert that to about 15 hours of work

RVSFarms

Mar 12, 2019
Truck Year
you can buy the shop manual cheap on CD on ebay. At 1800 I convert that to about 15 hours of work
Thanks for the answer. Would you happen to have a link to the right shop manual? For 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

RVSFarms

Mar 12, 2019
Truck Year
17 bucks! I just got one myself.

Awesome! Thank you! It doesn’t say anywhere Eco-Diesel ..but 3.0liter ..so I’m thinking that it will be it?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I checked mine to make sure. Mine are perfect. Did you follow the link i provided? If so, i would just email them and let them know the disk is corrupt.

RVSFarms

Mar 12, 2019
Truck Year
I checked mine to make sure. Mine are perfect. Did you follow the link i provided? If so, i would just email them and let them know the disk is corrupt.

Really yours are perfect, hmm?
Yes I followed your link and because I’m from Canada, I just received it per email.
I contacted him and he checked it and apologized, he found the same problem.
He’s a really nice guy. He refunded me right away.

RVSFarms

Mar 12, 2019
Truck Year
All I basically need is the coolant system? You wouldn’t be willing to share with me that file?
I need the part for the heater core removal, thermostat and system flushing.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
the file is too large to attach so I would have to email it to you. its 3 mb. I will need your email address