• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing filters

Pigpen 2014

Nov 9, 2019
Truck Year
I've been told to make sure I keep up on changing my filters. What filters should I be replacing and how often should they be replaced?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
oil filter - maximum oil change interval 10,000 miles
fuel filter - maximum interval 15,000 miles
iar filter - as needed

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
15k on the fuel filter is a bit premature I think unless you're running bio.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
You could be right, I think it might be 20000 . I do mine every other oil change which for my driving and usage is 7500 miles.

Milvetmac

Mar 25, 2020
Truck Year
I've been told to make sure I keep up on changing my filters. What filters should I be replacing and how often should they be replaced?
I replace my oil and fuel filter every 5k and I run an AEM dry filter and clean regardless of how it looks every 8k... it’sa cheap price to pay imo for reliability. I also run XDP fuel additive every fill and XDP oil additive every oil change. I run AEM’s oil filter and k&n’s fuel filter. Whether it makes a huge difference or not idk, but I’m at 105k miles without fuel or oil system problems soooo?!

Stan517

Jul 27, 2019
Truck Year
It's Important to use factory fuel filters. I used WIX 8k miles ago and changed the fuel filter then. It didn't fail but had 4 areas where it was bulging. I thought that with the extra surface area instead of a flat filter I was doing something good, ($35). Ordered 2 filters from Rock Auto, total cost $19 with shipping that are OE equivalent. I will change my oil at 20% to 25% oil life left, last was 8k miles and change the fuel filter at the same time. IMG_2693.JPGIMG_2694.JPG

Crow

Jun 2, 2019
Truck Year
It's Important to use factory fuel filters. I used WIX 8k miles ago and changed the fuel filter then. It didn't fail but had 4 areas where it was bulging. I thought that with the extra surface area instead of a flat filter I was doing something good, ($35). Ordered 2 filters from Rock Auto, total cost $19 with shipping that are OE equivalent. I will change my oil at 20% to 25% oil life left, last was 8k miles and change the fuel filter at the same time. View attachment 2791View attachment 2792

Crow

Jun 2, 2019
Truck Year
I have noticed this issue with the pleated filters , regardless of the brand . I have a 2015 with 151000 . If you change them before 5K miles they are ok.