• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Roger

Roger Phillips

May 23, 2019
Truck Year
New to the forum. I have a 2014 Ram EcoDiesel which I leased new and then when the lease was up purchased it. It has 58,000 miles and has been flawless except for the recalls. Until last week, I was driving down the road and the truck just stopped running. I was able to get it to the side of the road. When I turned the key off and started it the engine started right up, but the transmission locked in park and I couldn't get it out of park. Had to call a wrecker and took it to dealer. They got to it in a couple of days, they said it was a faulty ABS module. The trucks dash did say to check trailer brake system and ABS system and other warnings. I have read online about ABS modules going out and nothing has said anything about the truck just stopping. After reading other forums I am now not so confident in the truck. I talked to a friend who had to replace the motor in his EcoDiesel at 18,000 miles! I hope that the dealer is right. They have been good to work with have given me a rental car. But they said that was under the Emissions Recall. By the way my 5 year 100,000 mile drive train warranty does not cover the brake module. Luckily I had purchased an extended warranty! Best of luck out there!

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome aboard Roger. Keep in mind that quite a few people post on these forums because they had a problem and are looking for answers so perusing forums will find quite a few horror stories. The vast majority of EcoD owners that have never had a problem, don't come to forums so you don't hear the good stories nearly as often.... The EcoD configured in the 1500 is an awesome rig, so consider getting it tuned and drive that baby. :)