• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Running board fitment (will gas-truck aftermarket ones also fit 3.0d?)

kd1yt

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
I'm probably going to want to put some sort of running boards or steps on the 2015 3.0d Quad Cab that I just bought.

I'm looking at a number of makes and models, and I especially like the Luverne 'Baja' nerf bars with welded-on steps (made in the US, all stainless steel, etc.)

On some of the manufacturers' and marketers' websites, when you search for running boards to fit your particular vehicle, if you search for what'll fit a 2015 Ram 5.7 gas, there are lots & lots of products that are shown to fit the truck, but when you search for a 2015 Ram 3.0 diesel (which they give you as a drop-down choice for what truck you have) there are no, or very few. I'm running into this with the Luvernes- they list one product (not the one I prefer) to fit the diesel, but lots and lots (including the one that I prefer) to fit a 2015 gas truck

Is there anything especially different about what is or isn't in the way in the region of the outer side of the frame rails, the cab mounts, and rocker panels- on a diesel 1500 - as compared to a gas 1500?

I am trying to figure out if this is a real 'known conflict' in fit-ability vs maybe just that manufacturers haven't specifically verified that all/some of their products will fit the 3.0d

Thanks in advance for help and information- and Happy Thanksgiving

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Everything for a gas truck will fit ours. Except engine accessories. I remember my good old days doing just that experimenting and ordering things for the suspension because the 2014 wasn't listed in anything.

kd1yt

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
Everything for a gas truck will fit ours. Except engine accessories. I remember my good old days doing just that experimenting and ordering things for the suspension because the 2014 wasn't listed in anything.
Thank you! I didn't want to end up in the situation of having ordered something, having it halfway installed but incapable of completion and dubious eligibility for return/ refund

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
you should be ok with the running boards as there is absolutely nothing between the pinch weld and the frame itself, there is a huge cavity you could add water tanks to, or cng tanks, which is where im going to mount mine, theyre called torpedos. and i have the factory tube steps. im also going to mount my water tank under the driver side rear floor compartment. this truck has awesome room for mounting and modifying things.