• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Safety Recall 66A Loss of crank shaft position

GWheels

Nov 11, 2022
Truck Year
2015 RAM bought new. 70000 miles
The software fix warranty for the tone ring/reluctor wheel was 8 years from purchase date of truck. My warranty expired in July of 23 so it was on me if it failed at that point. Being as I had some fall camping trips planned it was cheaper to have the work done as insurance rather than cancel a trip, have my truck and trailer towed, and then have the truck repaired! I called it insurance. $1600 parts and labor at the

GWheels

Nov 11, 2022
Truck Year
2018 RAM purchased Feb 2022 with 63K miles, CPO warranty until Feb 2025. While in for routine 80K maintenance last month, dealer replaced the tone wheel at no charge under safety recall 66A. Still waiting parts for HPFP recall.

blender_eco

Jun 18, 2023
Truck Year
Thanks for your quick reply and the extra information, what state & city do you live in and the name of the dealership please. I’m taking my truck in Monday for software fix and want to reference the cost you paid and see if my dealership in Milwaukie, Oregon will honor the same cost? Is your truck a 4x4 or 4x2?
2018 RAM purchased Feb 2022 with 63K miles, CPO warranty until Feb 2025. While in for routine 80K maintenance last month, dealer replaced the tone wheel at no charge under safety recall 66A. Still waiting parts for HPFP recall.
Thanks GWheels, what part of the USA are you is it a 4x4 or 4x2 & dealership name please. My warranty was up July of 2023 but am hoping to get this recall defect covered by the recall. I Love my truck. CPO warranty can you provide the full name and are you pleased with them? Seems like it?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Not sure how you managed that! FCA does not replace the tone ring unless it fails (which yours obviously didn't) Are you sure you just didn't get the software patch? The tone wheel is usually at least a day and a half repair!
https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/66A.pdf

Moose1269

Mar 16, 2019
Truck Year
My tone ring took at least a 1.5 days to replace not to mention 2 weeks to get the tone ring and some bolts that broke upon splitting the transmission from the engine. It was hard enough to find a dealer to do the repair and my truck was down. Im still waiting on FCA to send me 1175.00 for my rental costs and its been a 2 month wait so far and my case manager doesn't return calls with multiple messages left for her.

GWheels

Nov 11, 2022
Truck Year
Thanks for your quick reply and the extra information, what state & city do you live in and the name of the dealership please. I’m taking my truck in Monday for software fix and want to reference the cost you paid and see if my dealership in Milwaukie, Oregon will honor the same cost? Is your truck a 4x4 or 4x2?

Thanks GWheels, what part of the USA are you is it a 4x4 or 4x2 & dealership name please. My warranty was up July of 2023 but am hoping to get this recall defect covered by the recall. I Love my truck. CPO warranty can you provide the full name and are you pleased with them? Seems like it?

Northern Virginia, I have my 4x4 truck serviced at Farrish CDJR. The 80k service took 2 or 3 days and the dealership noted that they completed repairs for recall 66A. Unfortunately I can’t access my service records si can’t verify if it was a mechanical repair or just software. Sorry!