• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Electronic Throttle Control

Fbagg

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
Hi, New to forum, Having my first issue with 2018 @ 51500 miles, stock ECU, from the republic of California so tunes to delete not an option especially since it’s a company truck. Today in a parking lot driving slow Service Electronic Throttle Control came on, can no longer “punch” throttle but can ease into it. Should I try EGR / MAP cleaning before I take somewhere? I do not have a scanner to clear code and am not looking forward to leaving my truck at a dealership before Christmas and New Years, any other suggestions?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! That's the dreaded code which seems to have multiple fixes. I'd start by the methods you mentioned, then searching around a bit on this forum as we've got TONS of info around this issue.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Harbor freight sells a scanner under 30$. Without a means of a scanner you could be chasing a ghost. You find the code you can 99.8% pinpoint the cause of the issue.

Fbagg

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
no one should b driving a eco that does not have a obd2 reader
Probably a good suggestion, do you have any recommendations? I’m not afraid of paying for a good one especially if it covers Ram / Chevy / Ford since we have all in our company fleet.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Fbagg

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
Harbor freight sells a scanner under 30$. Without a means of a scanner you could be chasing a ghost. You find the code you can 99.8% pinpoint the cause of the issue.
Do you have a recommendation on a good one that works for all the manufactures? I’m not afraid of paying for a good one that helps with all our vehicles in our fleet.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Do you have a recommendation on a good one that works for all the manufactures? I’m not afraid of paying for a good one that helps with all our vehicles in our fleet.
I got to it too quick lol check out my last post. I also use mine to connect to my laptop and use Alfaobd to see what dealers see and allows for a variety of procedures and tests to be run as the dealer can do.

Fbagg

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
I got to it too quick lol check out my last post. I also use mine to connect to my laptop and use Alfaobd to see what dealers see and allows for a variety of procedures and tests to be run as the dealer can do.
Thanks I’ll check

Fbagg

Dec 21, 2019
Truck Year
Well here is my update :
Codes came up as follows. 1) P0402-00 EGR flow excessive detected 2) P2280-00 air flow restriction

So I changed air filter, and followed a video suggested elsewhere in this forum to remove and clean EGR tube and the MAP sensor, both had a lot of carbon build up. Cleared codes and have driven it several days now totaling about 300+ miles and everything was great. Until tonight as I’m coming home the service electronic throttle control came back, any thoughts?