• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service electronic throttle control

DTSSCHAFFEr

Feb 25, 2021
Truck Year
2017, with 118000 miles, replaced the EGR cooler twice already, under warranty. Otherwise no other issue, beside one O2 sensor replacement.

I was driving today at 65 mph and all the sudden, the check engine light comes on with the "service electronic throttle control" message, the truck slump to 45 mph immediately.
Limp home at 40 mph in the back road.
Search thread and decide to open up the MAP sensor and the EGR cooler tube. MAP sensor was packed, tube was loaded with soot.
Clean them out and reset the code.

Went for a test drive, the throttle response was great, like it was new when I first got the truck. Will institute a routine 20K mile cleaning of the map sensor and EGR tube from now on.
Will see if the mileage improve.

CBSnook

Apr 6, 2021
Truck Year
2017, with 118000 miles, replaced the EGR cooler twice already, under warranty. Otherwise no other issue, beside one O2 sensor replacement.

I was driving today at 65 mph and all the sudden, the check engine light comes on with the "service electronic throttle control" message, the truck slump to 45 mph immediately.
Limp home at 40 mph in the back road.
Search thread and decide to open up the MAP sensor and the EGR cooler tube. MAP sensor was packed, tube was loaded with soot.
Clean them out and reset the code.

Went for a test drive, the throttle response was great, like it was new when I first got the truck. Will institute a routine 20K mile cleaning of the map sensor and EGR tube from now on.
Will see if the mileage improve.
would the truck restart before clearing the code?