• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Electronic Throttle

SickNTired

Jun 5, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Ram ecodiesel and this week while driving service electronic throttle came on and almost immediately after my engine started knocking. I pulled over immediately and smoke/steam was coming out around the engine. I checked the oil once the smoke cleared and dipstick read low. I let the vehicle sit and cool off then checked the oil again and it was full.
The exhaust has a potent smell to it as well now. I haven’t had the latest recall of the EGR cooler done on it yet either. I have no clue whether to take it our diesel mechanic or to the dodge garage.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
One is a mass airflow and other is exhaust. If I had to take a guess at it your intake failed. If you go under the hood and pull the plastic cover off you should be able to view the intake. Most likely it’s melted