• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Option?

Pacer

Nov 30, 2019
Truck Year
I own a 2017 Ecodiesel Ram, and a 2014 Ecodiesel Jeep.

The jeep is fully deleted with a GDE tune. I got the tune because the swirl valve in the intake gave a CEL and put it into limp mode. Rather than pulling the intake to fix the swirl valve, I just went with the delete. I also pulled the DPF, gutted it, and welded it back together. What can I do to get the settlement? I'm assuming that if Chrysler does the AEM update, they will get codes saying that there is a DPF and swirl valve malfunction? And then these will have to be fixed before they will send out the settlement? Or would I be able to just pick it up with the fault codes and tell them I'll fix it myself?

It runs great like it is, so I really hate to mess with it, but I'm considering finding a used DPF, fixing the swirl valve, and bringing it in for the update. Then I will have to figure out what to do about a tune going forward.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group by the time u buy a used cat back exhaust abd a intake manifold u will have your 3000 spent plus the price of the tune

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! If you really want that update.. taking it back to stock really is the only choice. Not sure it's worth it as most hate the update and it seems some are catching fire now (post update, which is weird...)