• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement/ Recall/ Buy Back

Korsch

Dec 29, 2018
Truck Year
I'm rather new to this and I'm not really to keen on what's going on with all this settlement talk and these recalls I've tried searching but I just end up getting lost in the mumbo jumbo. Had my truck into the dealership for an oil change and to talk about a recall for my EGR and was told they had no parts in stock, As I left " hopefully it doesn't catch on fire" and sent me on my way. two days later I end up in the shop with an Electronic throttle control service light and in full limp mode. should I even be driving this truck with this recall still unresolved? Is this the big recall I hear so much about going on too? I wouldn't mind being eligible for a buyback either :)

tHANKS!

Upsidedowncowboy

Feb 4, 2020
Truck Year
Korsch, I was at the dealer yesterday and apparently there's a nationwide backorder on the EGR cooling module - I called the customer service line for Chrysler Fiat and the rep told me they're expecting them to be available to dealers by early April. When I pressed the service manager, he told me the truth: there is a danger of the engine catching fire as the exhaust gases will be too hot. He said if the truck goes into limp mode, wherever you are, you have to stop driving or you risk a catastrophe. My check engine light has been on for 4 months and the dealer charged me $957 to replace a host to the EGR- I don't know if this was even necessary. The dealer is frustrated because they have several eco-diesel owners who have left their trucks there for 2 months waiting for parts. It's a nightmare and I'm thinking of taking my $3075 settlement check, trading in the vehicle before it immolates me and my family, and moving on.