• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should I or shouldn’t I?

Slandis732

Dec 18, 2020
Truck Year
Have a 2016 Laramie Eco With 39k that runs good. Have been hearing mixed messages about the emissions recall with software flash fix. Have resisted so far but am being told at dealer that latest flash update has resolved most issues(?). This was to be the last truck of my life. Please give me your experience/ advice. Will greatly appreciate!

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
I have a 16 also with no issues in stock condition. I did the first AEM but am not willing to get the VA7 update to it. With no hesitation, no codes and new EGR cooler my opinion is close the hood and drive it.

Reactions: SLT

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
I also have a 16 with no Issues. 50000 km, mostly long distance. I don't drive it in the Winter, unless it's for longer Distances. My Reason for
that is because of where I live, Canada's Yukon, where Temperatures drop down into the -40C. For me to go into Town, less then 10 min.
drive, I don't use my Truck. Diesels are not made for that.
In your case, keep your Oil changed and drive it.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I have a2015 Ecodiesel and got the original update and yes there were lag issues and the towing mileage dropped. I got the updated version done and have been pretty happy with the results.

whitrock

Jan 25, 2018
Truck Year
GDE epa complaint tune or HD egr shut off would be the best for long term. Exhaust going into the intake makes a nasty mess inside so the sooner you slow it down or cut it off the better the engine will be. Ours was sluggish after AEM the we got GDE off-road tune. No comparison as it brought the truck back to life and it's running clean too. Mileage went back up too. We did have the early AEM update and I think the latest one isn't too bad but still too much soot going thru intake. 2015 stock till 95,000. Firs pic before tune, Second pic is at 135,000.egr dirty.jpgegr after tune.jpg