• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sludgey/Carbony oil near back of intake manifold

yuvch122

Apr 15, 2022
Truck Year
Hey, I was attempting to install my stage 2 emissions delete without much mechanical prowess. I managed to get the EGR cooler off, and was trying to take off the EGR exhaust pipe on the turbo (seems to be most PITA), but then I noticed some oil on a pipe, for lack of words, near the back of the intake manifold.

What could it be? I did get the EGR cooler replaced for a recall sometime ago if that helps. I hope I don't have to put the cooler back on for the dealer if it's recall related ._.

Any insight is helpful thanks!

tempImage6AQYyu.jpg

Attachments

• tempImagedhQQY3.png
    tempImagedhQQY3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Looks like you’re referring to the turbo outlet going into the hit side intercooler pipe. The connection has a o ring style gasket in it and overtime the vibrations wear the rubber down. Mine has done the same thing, but coated much worse. Unfortunately I’m unaware if you can find just the o ring, or if you have to buy the whole pipe from the dealer. If it’s not causing issues, I’d let it ride!