• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sofa king tuned reviews.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I absolutely corrected the speedo. Not sure where I eluded I didnt.
Raising the truck over 5" in the front and the oversized tires killed my mpg.. even going back to the exact same type of nitto terra 4 ply tire (other than being larger 34" in diameter) only recovered 1 mpg vs 10 ply. the truck drives and shifts completely different now. I thought I could do better mpg wise with the 3.92 gears but it still took a beating.
You didn't "elude" if you did or didn't. Glad to know you did. You are getting better MPG with 34s and 3.92 than I get with 33s and 3.55.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
You didn't "elude" if you did or didn't. Glad to know you did. You are getting better MPG with 34s and 3.92 than I get with 33s and 3.55.
That was on a long mostly highway trip though.. I only average about 19 in the city in the warmer months... I used to get like 23 in the city. Huge difference the drag from the lift and the gear ratio change from the larger wheels made.

Also your 33s are likely heavy 10ply tires.. im using the lighter 4 ply tires like oem since it only sees light 1/2ton pickup use I had used mickey thompson 34" 10 ply tires on mine for a few months while the others were on backorder.. I got just over 1 mpg back when going to the 4ply.

It used to upshift into 7th and 8th FAR sooner than it does now and hold those gears better at lower speeds. I can only imagine being lowered made a bigger difference than most people thing.

Last edited:

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
That was on a long mostly highway trip though.. I only average about 19 in the city in the warmer months... I used to get like 23 in the city. Huge difference the drag from the lift and the gear ratio change from the larger wheels made.

Also your 33s are likely heavy 10ply tires.. im using the lighter 4 ply tires like oem since it only sees light 1/2ton pickup use I had used mickey thompson 34" 10 ply tires on mine for a few months while the others were on backorder.. I got just over 1 mpg back when going to the 4ply.

It used to upshift into 7th and 8th FAR sooner than it does now and hold those gears better at lower speeds. I can only imagine being lowered made a bigger difference than most people thing.
Is your truck a 2 Wheel Dr. or four-wheel-drive?

Enrita76

Oct 12, 2023
Truck Year
Well I have the SFT tune with the rally tune. It's not worth it. All I've had are problems sine I installed their tune. And can never seem to get someone on the phone. The mileage is BS no increase at all. When the tune isn't jacking up my ECU it's awesome. Powerhouse!!! But I'm in the process of swapping my ECU because my truck has had all kinds of issues like it just shuts off and says low oil pressure. 3 mechanics can't find any issues. All suggest it's the tune. After 2 years of fixing one issue only to have another I'm inclined to believe it's the tune. No refund policy is crap. Don't buy it.
Did you try to flash it stock to see if t
Well I have the SFT tune with the rally tune. It's not worth it. All I've had are problems sine I installed their tune. And can never seem to get someone on the phone. The mileage is BS no increase at all. When the tune isn't jacking up my ECU it's awesome. Powerhouse!!! But I'm in the process of swapping my ECU because my truck has had all kinds of issues like it just shuts off and says low oil pressure. 3 mechanics can't find any issues. All suggest it's the tune. After 2 years of fixing one issue only to have another I'm inclined to believe it's the tune. No refund policy is crap. Don't buy it.
did you try to flash it back to stock to see if the issues went away?