• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

software update

kdeojr

Aug 13, 2023
Truck Year
My engine light came on mid August. I took it to a mechanic and was told "step one" was to have a software upgrade to the truck (it's a 2015 Ram). 3 days after I picked the truck up, the engine light came back on so I took it back to the mechanic, he said the exhaust temperature sensor was bac. It got replaced. 5 days later the engine light came back on, it showed bank one sensor three was bad, it got replaced. I picked up the truck at 4pm on a Friday and drove it home not going anywhere else that night. I started the truck up at 6:30 Saturday morning and the engine light was on again. The mechanic that worked on the truck was not open on Saturday so I took it to O'Rielly to have them put it on a computer to see why the engine light was on and the code for both parts just replaced came up. It has been at the mechanic for a week now and they can't figure out what is going on. Can anyone help me with this?

Puddlz

Jul 16, 2023
Truck Year
My engine light came on mid August. I took it to a mechanic and was told "step one" was to have a software upgrade to the truck (it's a 2015 Ram). 3 days after I picked the truck up, the engine light came back on so I took it back to the mechanic, he said the exhaust temperature sensor was bac. It got replaced. 5 days later the engine light came back on, it showed bank one sensor three was bad, it got replaced. I picked up the truck at 4pm on a Friday and drove it home not going anywhere else that night. I started the truck up at 6:30 Saturday morning and the engine light was on again. The mechanic that worked on the truck was not open.
When I got my truck kinda had the same issue going on, dealer wanted to replace wiring harness for 9k
My mechanic went thru and cleaned and dielectric grease to plugs to make sure pins were in not pushed back, that’s where I would start, under drivers door underneath there is a few plugs, check them.

My issues are now resolved and not for a 9k fix, try $380.00