• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Still going!

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Congratulations let us all know what your maintenance schedule has been.

Dozertech

Sep 1, 2022
Truck Year
Have you done any modifications? Had all the recalls done? I’m at 88k on my 2017 and scared to death it’s going to crap out at any moment.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Have you done any modifications? Had all the recalls done? I’m at 88k on my 2017 and scared to death it’s going to crap out at any moment.
I have a 2017 with 83000 and have a 5000 lb trailer. Thinking I should service my transmission I did. The oil looked like Diet Coke when it came out so I was glad I did it. But 2 weeks later I lose reverse have it towed to the dealer and 5 weeks later after trying a new valve body and who knows what else they’re telling me now it needs a new transmission only 3 more weeks. But the good news is that it will be warranties. 🤯

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
The only thing I’ve done is I added a Roarpedal for throttle response. Other than that, the truck mechanically is just as it was when it was assembled.

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2017 with 83000 and have a 5000 lb trailer. Thinking I should service my transmission I did. The oil looked like Diet Coke when it came out so I was glad I did it. But 2 weeks later I lose reverse have it towed to the dealer and 5 weeks later after trying a new valve body and who knows what else they’re telling me now it needs a new transmission only 3 more weeks. But the good news is that it will be warranties. 🤯
The trans flushing argument always gets people going…personally I don’t mess with it until I see something going on and I’ve never had a transmission fail. “If ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Congratulations let us all know what your maintenance schedule has been.
The trans flushing argument always gets people going…personally I don’t mess with it until I see something going on and I’ve never had a transmission fail. “If ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
I think your right. But the oil was nasty with some graphite on the magnets

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’m really a fan of the white and gold as much as I hate two tone 😍 For some positivity also, approaching 170k, bought at 113k in 2018, all I’ve done is a glow plug, stage 1 tune in 2019 I think, stage 2 in 2020 ish after a tree landed on my cab and it sat causing emission related codes, and flawless ever since. Love my eco. I do have some hesitance on long road trips with it but local/ work I have no doubts at all. Seriously debating upgrading to a 2500 though as long distance towing of multiple sis’s is in the future

Dozertech

Sep 1, 2022
Truck Year
How do you like the tune? Is it worth the money?
I have the epa engine and trans tune on mine. It reduces that horrible step on the pedal and hope you don’t get hit by the car 3 blocks away turbo lag. It didn’t take it completely away but it helped tremendously. I have logged a couple mpg gain and a noticeable seat of the pants get up and go gain. All in all I’m happy with the it.

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
I have the epa engine and trans tune on mine. It reduces that horrible step on the pedal and hope you don’t get hit by the car 3 blocks away turbo lag. It didn’t take it completely away but it helped tremendously. I have logged a couple mpg gain and a noticeable seat of the pants get up and go gain. All in all I’m happy with the it.
I bought the Roarpedal for $150 bucks and with its 5 different settings that really helped a lot with the turbo lag.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
So what is the exact name of the tuner and what state do you live in? Unfortunately I’m in Southern California and can’t get certain tuners. 🤯

Dozertech

Sep 1, 2022
Truck Year
So what is the exact name of the tuner and what state do you live in? Unfortunately I’m in Southern California and can’t get certain tuners. 🤯
I got the Green Diesel Engineering tune with trans, exhaust brake (didn’t see much difference there) and the regen message. It’s a pretty easy process. You get the tuner, update the tuner via their site, download a copy of your stock tune, send it to them using the provided email. They send back the tune, install it into hand held device, plug into obd port follow prompts to install new tune. You can drive it in between pulling your tune and receiving the new one