• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Switching from (Old ecu swapped)GDE Hot tune to new SFT stage 2 flash tuner

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Laramie that I installed the GDE hot tune ecu swap in when they still offered an off-road tune but now that I’m out of my warranty finally they tell me that was the way of the past and they no longer offer a “off-road” tune so I’m wanting to swap to SFT stage 2 and trans tune will I need to buy another ECU or will I be able to just flash my ecu with there handheld device and if I do need to buy a new ecu how would I go about that can I just buy any old 2016 ecodiesel ecu or does it have to be specific

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
2014-2018 Ram 1500’s and Jeep Grand Cherokee’s 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel engines all use the same ECU and can be converted from one to the other. The part number is 05150767AC.
You have to take the ECU and truck to a dealer to have the ECU flashed to your Vin number.

There are posts in other forums where owners using AlfaOBD software are entering their injector codes and Vin # themselves. However, I believe they've said the ECU needs to be of the same truck year and axle ratio.

If it were me I would go to a dealer and have him flash my GDE tuned ECU back to stock and then buy SFT's tunes.

On the other hand, I've recently seen a GDE tuned ECU for sale @ 850.00 but don't know if it sold at that price.

You have options

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
2014-2018 Ram 1500’s and Jeep Grand Cherokee’s 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel engines all use the same ECU and can be converted from one to the other. The part number is 05150767AC.
You have to take the ECU and truck to a dealer to have the ECU flashed to your Vin number.

There are posts in other forums where owners using AlfaOBD software are entering their injector codes and Vin # themselves. However, I believe they've said the ECU needs to be of the same truck year and axle ratio.

If it were me I would go to a dealer and have him flash my GDE tuned ECU back to stock and then buy SFT's tunes.

On the other hand, I've recently seen a GDE tuned ECU for sale @ 850.00 but don't know if it sold at that price.

You have options
Thank you so much!!! If that’s the case I’m taking it in tomorrow for them to do some warranty work my front diff seal and transfer case seal are leaking I’ll have them reflash it then and be on my way I already have the pipes and EGR delete sitting at the house I was just worried about the ECU and after the response I got from GDE I’m not to worried in doing business with them again

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Glad I could help
I'm curious. What was s
GDE's response that you speak of?

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
You should get a used stock 2016 ecm and put it in and sell your ecm with the hot tune!

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
Glad I could help
I'm curious. What was s
GDE's response that you speak of?
to be short they said that any form of non emission compliant tuning is a thing of the past and that the parts I wished to install onto my truck was just a good way to empty my pockets and have no gains (one of them being the banks intake and throttle body delete) I didn’t want it for HP gains I didn’t want my intake catching fire

Caution2

Aug 14, 2020
Truck Year
What delete kits did you order? Looking to do a full delete on my 2016 as well.

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
What delete kits did you order? Looking to do a full delete on my 2016 as well.
I went on eBay and found the flow pro “race” pipes and just picked a random EGR Deere kit on eBay as well. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174312741927
That’s the link for the exhaust and the EGR kit if you want a nice quality one you can go to HDdiesel for $200 I think or sofakingtuned will have one up for sale here soon for $150 ish I just went with a cheap Chinese one for $75

Caution2

Aug 14, 2020
Truck Year
I was looking at the cheap one on eBay as well. Let me know what you think of it once installed. Doesn't seem like there is much to it so quality shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
There’s a video of me peaking at the exhaust nice thick steel there’s a lot of metal shavings inside so make sure to clean them out you don’t want your turbo sucking any in even though it’s on the exhaust side of it exhaust pulses so there’s a chance it’ll suck a little in but it seams like it’ll hold up to it the EGR kit should be in tomorrow or Monday I’ll post about it when they come in if I remember

Attachments

• 61914204236__F8116993-571E-4A37-A25D-2ABEC78C6DDF.MOV
    2.4 MB · Views: 11

Benjaminktm8

Aug 9, 2020
Truck Year
There’s a video of me peaking at the exhaust nice thick steel there’s a lot of metal shavings inside so make sure to clean them out you don’t want your turbo sucking any in even though it’s on the exhaust side of it exhaust pulses so there’s a chance it’ll suck a little in but it seams like it’ll hold up to it the EGR kit should be in tomorrow or Monday I’ll post about it when they come in if I remember

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 9