• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thanks for having me!

Tfb4me

Apr 23, 2020
Truck Year
Newbie here! I bought a ram 1500 hemi new in 2008. Its time to replace it. The dealer im working with is offering me a 2019 ram 1500 classic with the EcoDiesel. I have been reading about a EGR issue and im still not sure what it is? Can anyone help clarify for me please? I have never owned a diesel. The deal they are offering is (in my mind) amazing.. regular 67k Canadian down to 44k. The dealer claims the EGR issue was addressed in 2019 and I dont have to worry. From what i usderstand the egr issue wasnt resolved till the 2020 redesign. Can anyone help me out with understanding all this stuff?
Thanks so much. Cheers, Ron

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group wish u luck with your new truck I would rather opt 4 a 2020 if u can get deal on it

Tfb4me

Apr 23, 2020
Truck Year
welcome 2 the group wish u luck with your new truck I would rather opt 4 a 2020 if u can get deal on it
No the payments ofr the same truck go way beyond what I can afford.. unfortunately

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the egr is only one of the many problems with the eco but if u get a good one who knows I love mine tuned and fully deleted and no problems

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Engine is Made in Italy, Its NOT the DSL you want to be your first. If you plan on using it for family use it will cause problems, in HWY use it does well. No the EGR issue was not resolved in 2019 OEM EGR. I have no faith in VM 3.0 , its mandatory You delete ETC.

The cost seems attractive, Maybe its worth the risk, To me No, the Cost of DSL VS Gas , Gas wins, Gas is $1.00 cheaper here than DSL, Models Show Gas being .50/.70 for the next 2-4 Years less than DSL.

The VM 3.0 owns the title of Hero Zero or Love hate.

Most 3.0 ECO owners are first Time DSL power plant, Most seasoned DSL enthusiast won't buy 1/2 DSL. They buy 2500/3500 for the power and Iron.

Tfb4me

Apr 23, 2020
Truck Year
Im just curious what this forum is for exactly? I joined as its a EcoDiesel forum. No one has very many nice things to say? Im not looking for a "fan boy" experience by any means. Im a tile contractor that towes a 6x10 enclosed trailer. The Hemi sucks the gas BIG TIME. So im looking for a better option that can tow a fairly light trailer without costing a small fortune in gasoline. A 2500 Ram is a mile out of my price range as is the 2020 1500 EcoDiesel . It will be mostly a work truck with lots highway miles.. I guess its time to considerford or Chev is thay what you are saying? I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks folks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you use it for HWY they do Well...What makes you belive you will be saving money on MPG, I have a fleet of trucks 1500-3500 and all the Way to Class 8. Gas, DSL.

I pulled from time to Time with My Eco and I never got the MPG many Eco Owners claim, They generally use the L-O-M and when you call them out they don't want their feelings hurt, Its simple, Most 1500 Diesel Owners are NOT seasoned DSL enthusiast.

Tfb4me you get a hero 3.0 you will love it (Emotional response) You get a Zero you will hate it, it will cost You $1000.00s in repairs Plus the losses in Time and Jobs, So has your Hemi ever lost Job(s)? when your 3.0 sits at the dealership for weeks even Months waiting for parts from Cento the losses add up quick.

At current Prices My Limited 5.7 Saved Me Saved Me $22.00 on AVG MPG VS Cost of My Eco last 540 Miles Mix Hwy/City.

Ask yourself this question on logical thinking, WHY is the Dealership offering such discounts? When vehicles are in demand they bring a good price when they sit on the lot for months they want to move it for the pavement space.

I will tell you this My 2019 excels in every category over My 15 Eco, and 2012,13,14 Loaded Hemi's. Hmmmm I'm guessing your 2008 has served you well, and you want to replace with the VM 3.0 that has questionable history and is quagmire of problems in many cases.

IMO Fait will be dropping the current Power plant and replace it FPT and that will be the 1500 DSL Vehicle to Buy. those FPT engines have a robust and stellar rep world wide.

Tfb4me

Apr 23, 2020
Truck Year
If you use it for HWY they do Well...What makes you belive you will be saving money on MPG, I have a fleet of trucks 1500-3500 and all the Way to Class 8. Gas, DSL.

I pulled from time to Time with My Eco and I never got the MPG many Eco Owners claim, They generally use the L-O-M and when you call them out they don't want their feelings hurt, Its simple, Most 1500 Diesel Owners are NOT seasoned DSL enthusiast.

Tfb4me you get a hero 3.0 you will love it (Emotional response) You get a Zero you will hate it, it will cost You $1000.00s in repairs Plus the losses in Time and Jobs, So has your Hemi ever lost Job(s)? when your 3.0 sits at the dealership for weeks even Months waiting for parts from Cento the losses add up quick.

At current Prices My Limited 5.7 Saved Me Saved Me $22.00 on AVG MPG VS Cost of My Eco last 540 Miles Mix Hwy/City.

Ask yourself this question on logical thinking, WHY is the Dealership offering such discounts? When vehicles are in demand they bring a good price when they sit on the lot for months they want to move it for the pavement space.

I will tell you this My 2019 excels in every category over My 15 Eco, and 2012,13,14 Loaded Hemi's. Hmmmm I'm guessing your 2008 has served you well, and you want to replace with the VM 3.0 that has questionable history and is quagmire of problems in many cases.

IMO Fait will be dropping the current Power plant and replace it FPT and that will be the 1500 DSL Vehicle to Buy. those FPT engines have a robust and stellar rep world wide.
Im sorry but what is FPT?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Fiat Power Technologies.

The 3.0 in Euro small cars does well, that's the orgrinal design back in 2005-07 GM-VM for GM Caddy's that weights in at 3200 LBS Curb.

tfb4me, again the VM 3.0 does well in HWY use. Its the DD that's the majority of problems.
Just weight in the risk vs the loss, if its your bread winner that may tip the scale not worth the risk. if you have back up power that will lessen the risk.

Tfb4me

Apr 23, 2020
Truck Year
Well thats some excellent advice..thanks. Here in Canada all 2019 ram classics are 25% off. This is the reason for the proce drop I suspect. The 2020 was a substantial amount more. I have a coworker that has a first year EcoDiesel and swears by it..the body is shot to heck but the drive terran is still kicking along quite well. This and an added fuel milage pulling my trailer with his truck is what made me look the EcoDiesel direction. Now im not sure what to do..Does anyone on here like them? Not being sarcastic or anything just curious...When is Fiat going to come out with the new 1500 engine? My 08 is still in fairly good shape just need ball joints and front drive shafts. My issue is being in lock down here I have lots of work I cant do. Residential bathroom Renovations. While the truck has been sitting something got under the hood and chewed all my wiring harness up.. It even left me a half eaten walnut.
I got the dealer to give me 1000 bucks for it as it on trade in.. I may look into fixing it and wait it out.. man its too bad it was a real nice truck too..

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep those rodents are amazingly robust, They insult many Humans work ethics.
Your co-worker has a hero and they are out their, Look at this way it overseas Motor if you co-workers 3.0 pukes tomorrow its $8-10K US , I'm guessing your co-worker will be swearing at it , NOT by it.

Now that you have share more info I see why you want to change....OK the deals good, Now if you have back up power just in case the swearing at it develops, it won't bankrupt you. Maybe you should re-think matters, I only hope the best for Ya, and will be here for Ya need be.

I own exterior/interior Construction company, along with 3 other Businesses Plus Partnered in Auto Group, We do little in door.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
"Now im not sure what to do..Does anyone on here like them? Not being sarcastic or anything just curious..."

Tfb4me
I like mine quite a lot but I don't put huge amount of miles on it. Some towing, some Daily Driving, and some longer trips.
Bought a 2015 brand new 5 years ago and now have 50000 trouble free miles. I have never thrown an engine code, never had a check engine light... zip, nada, zero.
Full disclosure though. As soon as I had the big recall settlement that was not offered on Canadian trucks I put a tune on it. That was in Dec. of 2019. I am not really a " over-enthusiastic fan" but I have really enjoyed the truck and plan on keeping it for many years if possible. As a personal vehicle owner I am not particularly brand loyal. I buy the vehicle that suits my needs and do my best to maintain it.

BTW, as far as fuel mileage goes I average about 23.5 MPG. Not sure why no one trusts the mileage calculator. I have not found any significant differences between it and hand calculating it on a trip. My mileages has been as low as 19 or so using winter fuel around town and as high as 30 on a long extended highway trip (not towing of course).

All that said was I just lucky or what.
A couple more pieces of info that may or may not be useful.
Bighorn Edition
Tow Package
3.92 reared

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
1shadow, its nice to see you made it to 50K miles, But their are 100s 1000s gas engine that make 100K miles on just 1 set of Spark plugs that go another 100K miles on routine maintenance, the Bar is so low in the 3.0 that 100K miles problem free ( Not counting Recalls) is rare.. and 200K miles W/O upgrading to missing parts in DD use is equal to a hurricane in MN.

With Gas prices considerably lower and the Mileage these New gas motor's are getting the 3.0 MPG advantage VS cost is gone.

The additional cost of DSL powerplants demand 200K miles problem free OEM to be cost honorable and at 200K miles hopefully minor repairs for another 200K miles.

I would buy the 3.0 DSL for just having DSL if The power plant is robust and likely to go 200K miles trouble free, regardless of the cost, In questionable ownership NO thanks.

When the Want and Cost out weight the risk Buy DSL.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
1shadow, its nice to see you made it to 50K miles, But their are 100s 1000s gas engine that make 100K miles on just 1 set of Spark plugs that go another 100K miles on routine maintenance, the Bar is so low in the 3.0 that 100K miles problem free ( Not counting Recalls) is rare.. and 200K miles W/O upgrading to missing parts in DD use is equal to a hurricane in MN.

With Gas prices considerably lower and the Mileage these New gas motor's are getting the 3.0 MPG advantage VS cost is gone.

The additional cost of DSL powerplants demand 200K miles problem free OEM to be cost honorable and at 200K miles hopefully minor repairs for another 200K miles.

I would buy the 3.0 DSL for just having DSL if The power plant is robust and likely to go 200K miles trouble free, regardless of the cost, In questionable ownership NO thanks.

When the Want and Cost out weight the risk Buy DSL.

You won't get any arguments from me! I have driven many vehicles 150,000 miles. (I typically trade them in around there) I bought my eco before many of its problems had come to light. In fact the 3.0 was motor of the year and the eco diesel was an award winner at the time of my purchase. (not that I believe all the awards). But...... Since it is paid for and I do not want to buy another truck I will keep it, drive it, pay attention to its mechanics, and be diligent in the maintenance.
I was totally aware that I paid a premium for the power plant that I wanted. That was my choice.
I feel I have a truck that will quite likely serve me well for a reasonable amount of time since I chose to "upgrade to missing parts" to quote you.
The price of gas will always fluctuate and I am sure the oil cartels will find a way to make up for any lost profits.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Newbie here! I bought a ram 1500 hemi new in 2008. Its time to replace it. The dealer im working with is offering me a 2019 ram 1500 classic with the EcoDiesel. I have been reading about a EGR issue and im still not sure what it is? Can anyone help clarify for me please? I have never owned a diesel. The deal they are offering is (in my mind) amazing.. regular 67k Canadian down to 44k. The dealer claims the EGR issue was addressed in 2019 and I dont have to worry. From what i usderstand the egr issue wasnt resolved till the 2020 redesign. Can anyone help me out with understanding all this stuff?
Thanks so much. Cheers, Ron
Well I have to agree and disagree with TC.
I love my 2014 Laramie Longhorn for all the reasons that he likes in the RAM truck line. Yes this is my first personally owned diesel, not my first to drive. Have driven Class 8 trucks down to 2500 diesels and I love this "modern" diesel. I have had minor glitches to some major issues, so far all covered by recall or extended warranty from a recall. Issues, SCR-DPF replaced by TSB due to code, DEF tank replaced after AEM, now having updated EGR replaced under recall. I have installed an external oil cooler due to 2014's failure rate of the stock cooler, which turned out to be shavings from the cylinder heads manufacturing process, poor QC. I also tuned post AEM due to the poor engine performance. I drive a lot, cover the state of Oklahoma teaching and tow a toy-hauler RV, new one weighs in at 8K. Old toy-hauler weighed in at 7K+ and made it to Montana last year. Empty post tune my 3.92 geared truck runs 26mpg highway summer, 24mpg highway winter, yet my average is 25 summer and 22 winter. I switched to Rotella T6 before FCA recommended due to my experience as an engine builder and knowledge of engine oil. Here in OK we only have at most a 45 cents per gallon difference between gas and diesel, at present we are paying between $1.40 to $1.70 per gallon for diesel and gas is going for between $1.19 to $1.29 per gallon for E10, non E10 is running $1.40 per gallon. I have monthly fuel usage and cost analysis for all my vehicles so I know my RAM runs 8 to 10 cents per mile for fuel and my wife's GC eco runs 7 to 9 cents per mile, my 1995 Z71 5.7l gas runs 13 to 15 cents per mile. So TC can do the math, however, I have heard fantastic things of the 2019 HEMI. Now towing I have not claimed any astronomical mileage that I did not calculate manually and verify with my monthly fuel usage reports. Our old RV netted from 11 to 13mpg from OK to Montana. The one trip with the new heavier RV not so much trip out 8 mpg on the trip back 11 mpg.

Now to agree. The FCA does produce two different 3.0L V6 diesels, the one in the ProMaster vans are the ones referred to by TC, and is by all accounts a stellar engine. The EGR issue was not addressed until the 2020 engine and TC does not believe in the new approach, I am inclined to agree but will wait and see. Why? Well the first overhead cam was built in 1909 but was scrapped due to failures, dominate today. I can not believe the disdain that FCA has heaped upon their customers. It should be illegal to treat the people who buy your product as bad as some of the RAM customers have been treated. The programming on this truck is one of the worst examples of committee development. I love my truck but have done things to improve what may have been blemishes. The exhaust system is a trademark of EPA regulations and is designed for Class 8 over the road engines, so as TC says, daily driver short runs will net serious exhaust issues. A lot of highway allows for the engine to stabilize at operating temp, as well as lets the exhaust system to function more like it was designed, thus avoiding issues. I also know that Cummins, Ford, and GM diesels have all suffered the same exhaust issues as the eco, including Fire Apparatus with SCR/DPF exhaust installed. The EGR is also a mandate from the EPA, which may have solved issues in 1990 but today creates more issues than it solves. With the more efficient SCR catalyst I, along with most of the light duty diesel world, believes that the EGR is crippling diesels.

So you must analyze why you want a diesel, your driving cycles, towing needs, and cost you are willing to pay. Why? Because in reality if you are wanting to haul a lot or heavy you may be better off with a 2500 diesel or a HEMI 1500. Fuel mileage savings are, like TC alludes, based upon cost differential between gas and diesel in your area, along with fuel mileage. Yes most gas engines go 100K without a spark plug change, the HEMI does two per cylinder, but my diesel doesn't use spark plugs. Changed plugs on my son-in-laws Tahoe at $9.57 ea. my cost. His oil change at 5K miles, my oil change 10K miles, yes I do OA every change and they are always good and looking better since the tune. Yes he nets about 12mpg running empty. Yes current small block gas engine routinely run 200K miles, my 95 has 400K on the clock of original drive train. It took my a few years to get there. I bought my 2014 with 20K miles on the clock now sitting with 126K, time will tell. I understand the clearance cost savings for a Classic, but you still need to analyze your driving cycle, DD equals exhaust issues, highway not so much. Also your towing weights, as the 3.55 geared truck cannot tow as much as the 3.92 geared truck and vs the HEMI rating.

Sorry for the long post. but in my world knowledge is power and to make a risk vs benefit analysis the more the better. Good Luck.

Tfb4me

Apr 23, 2020
Truck Year
Well I have to agree and disagree with TC.
I love my 2014 Laramie Longhorn for all the reasons that he likes in the RAM truck line. Yes this is my first personally owned diesel, not my first to drive. Have driven Class 8 trucks down to 2500 diesels and I love this "modern" diesel. I have had minor glitches to some major issues, so far all covered by recall or extended warranty from a recall. Issues, SCR-DPF replaced by TSB due to code, DEF tank replaced after AEM, now having updated EGR replaced under recall. I have installed an external oil cooler due to 2014's failure rate of the stock cooler, which turned out to be shavings from the cylinder heads manufacturing process, poor QC. I also tuned post AEM due to the poor engine performance. I drive a lot, cover the state of Oklahoma teaching and tow a toy-hauler RV, new one weighs in at 8K. Old toy-hauler weighed in at 7K+ and made it to Montana last year. Empty post tune my 3.92 geared truck runs 26mpg highway summer, 24mpg highway winter, yet my average is 25 summer and 22 winter. I switched to Rotella T6 before FCA recommended due to my experience as an engine builder and knowledge of engine oil. Here in OK we only have at most a 45 cents per gallon difference between gas and diesel, at present we are paying between $1.40 to $1.70 per gallon for diesel and gas is going for between $1.19 to $1.29 per gallon for E10, non E10 is running $1.40 per gallon. I have monthly fuel usage and cost analysis for all my vehicles so I know my RAM runs 8 to 10 cents per mile for fuel and my wife's GC eco runs 7 to 9 cents per mile, my 1995 Z71 5.7l gas runs 13 to 15 cents per mile. So TC can do the math, however, I have heard fantastic things of the 2019 HEMI. Now towing I have not claimed any astronomical mileage that I did not calculate manually and verify with my monthly fuel usage reports. Our old RV netted from 11 to 13mpg from OK to Montana. The one trip with the new heavier RV not so much trip out 8 mpg on the trip back 11 mpg.

Now to agree. The FCA does produce two different 3.0L V6 diesels, the one in the ProMaster vans are the ones referred to by TC, and is by all accounts a stellar engine. The EGR issue was not addressed until the 2020 engine and TC does not believe in the new approach, I am inclined to agree but will wait and see. Why? Well the first overhead cam was built in 1909 but was scrapped due to failures, dominate today. I can not believe the disdain that FCA has heaped upon their customers. It should be illegal to treat the people who buy your product as bad as some of the RAM customers have been treated. The programming on this truck is one of the worst examples of committee development. I love my truck but have done things to improve what may have been blemishes. The exhaust system is a trademark of EPA regulations and is designed for Class 8 over the road engines, so as TC says, daily driver short runs will net serious exhaust issues. A lot of highway allows for the engine to stabilize at operating temp, as well as lets the exhaust system to function more like it was designed, thus avoiding issues. I also know that Cummins, Ford, and GM diesels have all suffered the same exhaust issues as the eco, including Fire Apparatus with SCR/DPF exhaust installed. The EGR is also a mandate from the EPA, which may have solved issues in 1990 but today creates more issues than it solves. With the more efficient SCR catalyst I, along with most of the light duty diesel world, believes that the EGR is crippling diesels.

So you must analyze why you want a diesel, your driving cycles, towing needs, and cost you are willing to pay. Why? Because in reality if you are wanting to haul a lot or heavy you may be better off with a 2500 diesel or a HEMI 1500. Fuel mileage savings are, like TC alludes, based upon cost differential between gas and diesel in your area, along with fuel mileage. Yes most gas engines go 100K without a spark plug change, the HEMI does two per cylinder, but my diesel doesn't use spark plugs. Changed plugs on my son-in-laws Tahoe at $9.57 ea. my cost. His oil change at 5K miles, my oil change 10K miles, yes I do OA every change and they are always good and looking better since the tune. Yes he nets about 12mpg running empty. Yes current small block gas engine routinely run 200K miles, my 95 has 400K on the clock of original drive train. It took my a few years to get there. I bought my 2014 with 20K miles on the clock now sitting with 126K, time will tell. I understand the clearance cost savings for a Classic, but you still need to analyze your driving cycle, DD equals exhaust issues, highway not so much. Also your towing weights, as the 3.55 geared truck cannot tow as much as the 3.92 geared truck and vs the HEMI rating.

Sorry for the long post. but in my world knowledge is power and to make a risk vs benefit analysis the more the better. Good Luck.
Great post , thanks so much. So much info I had to read it 3 times in the past 24 hours.
The truck im considering has the 3.92 gears . As I specifically reqested towability. 90% of my driving habits will be highway as I am a self employed tile contractor. The majority of my work is out of town. We also have a camp 3 hours north of us we try to get to every other weekend.
We are leaning heavily toward the ED still and think were going to go in that direction after a good hour long test drive yesterday. I didnt get to tow with it but we did get a good feel for how it performs. I like that low rpm torque..I will admit im a little nervous now after reading all this. I do have a 2nd truck I can use at any time so failures be dammed, right? The way I feel right now the almost 33% off MSRP is going to save the extra cash I was looking at spending on a 2020 hemi. If its a disapointment in 2 years we will be looking at trading it in without a doubt. Our 2008 hemi hasnt exactly been bullet proof either at 19 thousand kilometers I hit a puddle water went righ up the inner wheel well into the air box. Blew 3 holes in the block the size of the bottom of a take out coffee cup..All of wich were on the MDS cylinders. It also blew a pinion gear a few months down tje road and I cant keep ball joints tie rods and stabilizer links in it for what seems more then a good year. I am sure the ball joint issues are from all the towing I have done. So we shall see how the 2019s hold up. Again thanks to everyone for the amazing advice here.
Now that (I think) we have decided to go with the ED I was wondering is, do you fine folks have any advise for beginers? Upgrades, options I should ask the dealer for? I already have recomended oil , oil filter and fuel filter part numbers from the service department.. Is there anything else I should know or do?
Thanks again to everyone

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Great post , thanks so much. So much info I had to read it 3 times in the past 24 hours.
The truck im considering has the 3.92 gears . As I specifically reqested towability. 90% of my driving habits will be highway as I am a self employed tile contractor. The majority of my work is out of town. We also have a camp 3 hours north of us we try to get to every other weekend.
We are leaning heavily toward the ED still and think were going to go in that direction after a good hour long test drive yesterday. I didnt get to tow with it but we did get a good feel for how it performs. I like that low rpm torque..I will admit im a little nervous now after reading all this. I do have a 2nd truck I can use at any time so failures be dammed, right? The way I feel right now the almost 33% off MSRP is going to save the extra cash I was looking at spending on a 2020 hemi. If its a disapointment in 2 years we will be looking at trading it in without a doubt. Our 2008 hemi hasnt exactly been bullet proof either at 19 thousand kilometers I hit a puddle water went righ up the inner wheel well into the air box. Blew 3 holes in the block the size of the bottom of a take out coffee cup..All of wich were on the MDS cylinders. It also blew a pinion gear a few months down tje road and I cant keep ball joints tie rods and stabilizer links in it for what seems more then a good year. I am sure the ball joint issues are from all the towing I have done. So we shall see how the 2019s hold up. Again thanks to everyone for the amazing advice here.
Now that (I think) we have decided to go with the ED I was wondering is, do you fine folks have any advise for beginers? Upgrades, options I should ask the dealer for? I already have recomended oil , oil filter and fuel filter part numbers from the service department.. Is there anything else I should know or do?
Thanks again to everyone
Welcome to the club. I forgot I have replaced one inner tie rod end at 112K miles at front end alignment but consider it as maintenance. Did not go with OEM parts used heavy duty MOOG part. If you must, use OEM filters, oil, air, fuel, if not I recommend WEX, MAHLE, Amzoil oil and fuel filters, less cost and just as high quality. Air filter if you prefer paper do not use the cheapest on the market, research and buy the best quaility in filtration and change appropriately. I use oiled fabric style filter but I know how to maintain it and realize that some people prefer paper. Research fuel additives and use one, specifically for lubrication factor, since ULS Diesel is very dry and cause high pressure pump failure. I use and recommend Opti-Lube but you can view the many threads on this site for recommendations on all this as well as filters. Do your maintenance religiously, I have slowly transitioned to fuel filter at each oil change due to excessive contamination in the fuel. I do an Oil Analysis at each oil change and recommend it. I use Blackstone Labs, $38.00 well spent. Changed front and rear diff oil and transfer case, maintenance, one thing I do that some may not agree, the transfer case is recommended ATF, I use 30W synthetic motor oil for better lubrication factor.
Towing within the weight recommended by FCA is a must, my new heavier RV feels like it may be the max for my truck for power. Anything over 5k use the weight distribution hitch and trailer brakes. My trailer brake controller is the best I have ever used. My neighbor added rear air bags on his 2500 to help the ride for his 10K pound RV even with the equalizer hitch. I have the big screen and I believe the 2019 has an even bigger screen for the UConnect and I have learned to appreciate it. Research better tires than OEM.
Good driving.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks again to everyone
#1: Get a tune that shuts off the EGR. Make sure you can either flash it in and out or have 2 ECM's.
#2: Transmission Tune
#3: Load range E tires for towing! makes a difference
#4:Timber Grove Enterprises air bags

couple ideas for you!

Tfb4me

Apr 23, 2020
Truck Year
Can you tune without voiding the warrenty? Id hate to be SOL should something happens.