• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The problems begin!!

Cuzjme

Apr 11, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Eco and 2 weeks ago it started blowing white smoke everywhere. Filled the highway, cab like it was on fire. Got shut down and fuel was everywhere. Had a fuel knock so figured injector stuck open an was dumping fuel. Finally today I was able to pull the egr cooler an parts off and removed the left valve cover. All internals are as should be so that’s a plus!!
Found a valve cover gasket broke and one bad injector. Also one part that I don’t know what the name is broken. The part the egr cooler mounts on that bolts to the side of the engine which the hoses bolt up to. The back stud mounting hole is busted off. I am looking for the name of it so I can check on getting another one.
Also, what all parts are needed and process to get rid of all this egr, regen junk.
Any help is appreciated.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tune, ERG, DPF, SCR, removal Parts.

Pictures would Help, Miles, AEM?

If the Injector was stuck open, your hoping it happen instantly, otherwise the hole it was in is likely destroyed, Deformed shattered Rings or worst.

Cuzjme

Apr 11, 2020
Truck Year
Tune, ERG, DPF, SCR, removal Parts.

Pictures would Help, Miles, AEM?

If the Injector was stuck open, your hoping it happen instantly, otherwise the hole it was in is likely destroyed, Deformed shattered Rings or worst.
My best friend is a diesel mechanic and he was helping me and said it’s all good.
I am having trouble find new valve cover gaskets and seals It has 123000 miles on it and been a great truck until now.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Famous words to Me, How would he know its good without OAs, visual inspection, Compression test, or Hole camera.

One Injector bad is like a Hurricane in MN, More likely one is worst than the other Five. Did your friend check the FCA for Metal contamination?

Cuzjme

Apr 11, 2020
Truck Year
Famous words to Me, How would he know its good without OAs, visual inspection, Compression test, or Hole camera.

One Injector bad is like a Hurricane in MN, More likely one is worst than the other Five. Did your friend check the FCA for Metal contamination?
Yes he owns a shop and checked everything out. Thanks for the reply

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Good to hear.... (y)