• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Throttle maintenance requirement light came on. Truck on Limp Mode

caissiel

Aug 10, 2020
Truck Year
Last week I decided to do a cleanup my Intake Manifold for my 2015 Ram Eco Diesel. After a long time to remove the manifold I found out all the Swirl Valves were loose and free to rotate. meaning my manifold is done.
Studied the Banks system and realized the EGR Delete on my truck did not include programing for this failure, the EGR cooler was left on and line still connected.
I contacted the programmer and he will exchange my ECM thus including the Swirl valve delete. I was getting Code P2021 and did a running scanning and the vanes surely do not move any. The swirl motor does.
I don't mind doing all the work as it only took 4 hrs. to put back together after knowing all the procedures. but its a big job and the manifold had only floating vanes. Now I know what i have glad i did it.
But the P2021 is enough to tell me that the manifold controls were toast and EGR delete programed for no vanes performing was the right thing to do.
The Dealer did install the program to delete the PDF but I feel the Cooler still in place needed the Swirl Vanes programed in.
I feel it was a waste to do the job that way. If PDF removed might as well Remove the Cooler and EGR pipe. after 2000 miles I have to do it myself. It was a cheap way to do it.
I do love my Truck and it tows a 7000 Lbs travel trailer very well with great millage. but not as good as My Deleted Programed Ford 6.0L. but not loaded its a dream to drive and 20% better fuel Millage.
This is my first Post. I live in NB Canada and my first Ram diesel, Own the Ford for 13 Years, a 6.5L Gm for 9 years and a 6.2L GM for 3 years. Love the Diesel smell LOL