• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

They are trying to screw me

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
So, after 4 years and 101,000 flawless miles, I'm finally being bent over a barrel by FCA, like so many others. The story:
- Built up 95,000 blissful miles on my '15 in Georgia, the rest in WA
- Serviced at the Thomson, GA dealership every 10,000 miles
- Moved to WA state this year. Serviced 2x here at local Ram dealership
- 2 weeks ago, the 4-corner Air Suspension stopped working. Made appt. (Truck was running fine)
- While diagnosing issue, tech noted low coolant level, decided to investigate
- Testing concluded cracked block or blown head gasket
- Service mgr stated he would get me a new engine under warranty, BUT
- first engine had to be removed, disassembled
- Once disassembled, warranty claim submitted
- Claim DENIED by "Area Manager" because fuel filter required replacement at 40K and 80K, but GA dealership neglected to tell me or perform the work
- Now I have 1,000 pieces that used to be my truck, which can't be reassembled (the engine was torn down without intent to rebuild)

That's the reader's digest version. I'm thoroughly disgusted and will most likely have to get a lawyer. I sure did love my truck, but now, it's sour grapes.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
that is a pile of crap what could a fuel filter have 2 do with a cracked block or a bad head gasket

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully they don’t try to hit you with a disassembly fee cause they’re all assholes like that!!! I’m suprised they did a tear down before submitting the request to have motor replaced and getting that ball rolling...

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I've read several accounts of FCA not covering warrantied issues because an owner didn't follow the service schedule. Sorry to hear about your issues, get the lawyer.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Wow!!!!!

With all of the EGR issues & recall for leaking coolant. I wonder if the coolant leak was mis-diagnosed in the first place. Why did the mechanic go looking for a coolant leak when you brought it in for an air suspension problem? They performed work you didn't request & that is the root cause of you having your truck in pieces and unusable.

You have a heck of a fight on your hands, document everything & try to get the service manager to put in writing what he said about him getting you a new engine.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Stan,
You said you recently moved to Washington state. Is the dealership where your truck is at Rairdon's Kirkland by chance?

Do yourself a favor & read this thread clear through. It's looking like there's some funky things going on in the NW region.