• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thinking About Buying....

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Kgmaine, CR reports LMBO ,I counted 2 lies in your link....... Details My *&^(. Plus most VM3.0 owners have no Idea what CP4 ,CP3, CP1 ,CP6 etc. IMO the CP4 is at the bottom of VM 3.0 failures.

Kgmaine

Oct 11, 2021
Truck Year
Kgmaine, CR reports LMBO ,I counted 2 lies in your link....... Details My *&^(. Plus most VM3.0 owners have no Idea what CP4 ,CP3, CP1 ,CP6 etc. IMO the CP4 is at the bottom of VM 3.0 failures.
Are you always this argumentative when someone makes a post? I am NOT a mechanic or even like working on vehicles, so you would be correct in assuming I have no idea what are cp3, cp4, etc. I am stating that my experience with the ecodiesel has been terrible. I paid $28k for a truck that I got 5k miles out of before having to replace the entire fuel system because the something disintegrated and spread metal throughout the system. Was it the fuel pump??? Who cares? I went by what the mechanic at the dealer said.
As far as the link...I didnt wrirte the damn thing. Take it up with CR. Its not the only place I have read it, just the first to pop up in a web search.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Kgmaine, I hear Ya, Just Pointing out What someone tells you or You read is generally not factual, its someone's opinion.

You read some of My forecast back in 2015 I clearly stated the vehicle is in non-compliance of CAA, the engine failures will continue Etc, Yet all I have received from the many 3.0VM owners is the same old Bad News.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I would pass on the ecodiesel. I have one. Just had to replace the entire fuel system...at a cost of $12k...for what the dealer says is because of bad fuel. My dealer says they do 12-15 of these every month.
Coincidentally, it is EXACTLY the same problem for which there is a recall on the heavy duty trucks with the cummins. That being a faulty fuel pump which blows apart inside the fuel tank sending pieces of metal throughout the system.
wasnt this an issue chevy had a while back also?

JSmith54

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
Daily drives City 21mpg Avrg Hwy 25mpg Avrg it could be more or less depending driving conditions, distance, etc. Towing my trailer it also has many variables but I'll say an Avrg of 17mpg, it could be less if a lot of mountain plays a role. My trailer is a 27ft most of the time full loaded so, for a small one with just one bike it should be way better.
I was looking for a 2500 Cummins because of my trailer but I realized that the ED is just perfect for my daily life and more than enough for the amount of times I tow the trailer.

JSmith54

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
I bought a brand new 2018 ED and so far very happy with it. No problems at all. It has 100k on it and just normal maintenance (oil change & filters), one set of tires and brakes all around once. I pull a toy haul trailer and a 6x12 enclosed trailer in summer time for motorcycle racing, other than that it's my daily transportation. Amazing fuel consumption for a full size pick up truck (obviously with the big trailer consumes more fuel).
I know that it is a lot of bad things about the ED's but from my experience, I think that the problem is that people do not know how to use a small diesel engine, it is not a V8 neither a big Cummins diesel. If you're gentle with it it will work without problems. Off course there is lemons and bad years in almost every model and brands but from my research when I was looking for an ED, 2018 is probably one of the best years for them.
Agree with not hossing this engine. I bot a 2018 with 40k miles. Took two loads of a heavy trailer through the mountains and blew an engine. Dodge replaced it and advised against the heavy loads. I done that and a have 15k on the new engine and it runs great with better gas mileage. My error on the first engine.