• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Accelerator Pedal/Electronic Throttle Control Sensor

adycbrown

Sep 9, 2021
Truck Year
My 2015 EcoD threw a P2138-00 code and the dealership said my pedal position sensors failed. They want $914 total ($370 parts and $424 labor then tax and fees). After finding the same part (Mopar's #53034160AE) from another dealer for $280 I am fixing it myself. Seems like it is two nuts and a wire harness clip. My questions and need for help are.
- Does this part once installed require some kind of calibration? Does this require dealership computers? Several start stop/on off sequences?
- Is there a way to kick the truck out of limp mode without going to a dealership?

Appreciate any and all help in advance!

adycbrown

Sep 9, 2021
Truck Year
For those interested. I did buy the part through a different dealership for $270. Found the part online for $180 plus tax and shipping however. Dealership could just get it faster. I pulled it out of the dealer ship and changed the pedal on the side of the road right in front of the dealership. Two bolts and the wire clip. Unhooked both terminals to the battery for 15 min (did it before I started and re-hooked when finished). Started it up just fine and it was no longer in limp mode. Start to finish 30 mins. That includes removing the floor mats. Easy fix, expensive part.