• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Timber Grove enterprises

Hawaii_Built

Oct 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have Timber Grove bags under my truck. Installation was relatively simple, 100% bolt on. Quality of brackets and bags are really good, and the customer support is outstanding. The bags really help when towing and when carrying heavy loads in the bed. I've stuffed a weeks worth of camping gear and my family in my truck and did some mild to moderate off roading, and I think the bags helped tremendously with carrying the weight.

Hawaii_Built

Oct 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
20190303_173402.jpg
This shot is with the bags fully inflated while checking for any air leaks. This kit that I purchased is made specifically for the BDS suspension system that I already had on my truck.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The first thing I added was Timber Grove airbags. Top quality and excellent customer service. The owner is very knowledgeable and will work with any problem you have. Wouldn't be without them.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Just a quick question for anyone . Do you use a weight distributing hitch with your airbags and if so what is your process for hooking up the hitch and filling airbags?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I first adjust my Equal-i-zer WDH and then add 10 lbs to my airbags to keep them from collapsing. I have my Timber Grove Air Bags for when I'm carrying a load, not for trailer pulling. Here is a good video that proves the airbags diminish the effectiveness of the WDH when towing. Read the comments under the video, lots of good info.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Great video, that is pretty much what I was thinking. I wasn't expecting to use very much pressure in the bags. I have had them since October and hope to be putting them in the next clue weeks.
It is kind of interesting in the top comments they don't recommend air bags and WDH together at all but late in the comments they mention both are a great way to go.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
It is kind of interesting in the top comments they don't recommend air bags and WDH together at all but late in the comments they mention both are a great way to go.
Yes, I noticed that also.
I installed a remote-controlled compressor (Air Lift WirelessOne Compressor System - # 25870) with my Timber Groves and use it often adjusting psi for the load I'm carrying. It makes it easy and fun.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Did you install the Air Spring Assist Mounts or the Coil Replacement Mounts?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Not sure what you are asking. When I purchased mine the only way to mount was to remove the stock bumpers and use their mounts

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Not sure what you are asking. When I purchased mine the only way to mount was to remove the stock bumpers and use their mounts

Got you, they now have air bags that replace the coils and others that mount where the bump stops are leaving the coils in place.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yep - I have the "others that mount where the bump stops are leaving the coils in place." Not sure I would ever want to replace the coils

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
These Timber Grove bags look great. I have the In The Coil Air Lift bags on mine. They are great as well, I have to sort out a slow leak I have someplace, but other than that they really help.
The folks that nix air bags just have never tried them. I have had Air Lift bags in all my tucks since 1996 with great success. One set of the air sleeves (Leaf Spring application) I bought in 1999 are still in use today and work perfect.
The Timber Groves look very heavy duty. If I didn't already have the Air Lift bags I'd get them in a minute.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Dang, got the timber grove air bags installed today, took about 3 1/2 hours start to finish by my lonesome. They are pretty burly I have to admit. even with only 5 lbs in them they seem to raise the rear about a 1/2 inch or so. Pleased with the install though.... no compressor installed just the schrader valve.
Maybe soon, we'll see.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I installed a remote-controlled compressor (Air Lift WirelessOne Compressor System - # 25870) with my Timber Groves and use it often adjusting psi for the load I'm carrying. It makes it easy and fun.

John, do you have any pictures of your Air Lift Compressor install? I just installed Timber Grove Air Springs on my truck with the standard fill line. While this works quite well, I think it would be nice to be able to make adjustments on the fly.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
On bed wall, driver side at rear
Air Lift WirelessOne Compressor-1.jpg

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Some install the compressor in the cab rear floor box. If you don't use that box it's a neat location, protected and out of the way. That said, where I put mine I have never had a problem, and it's easy to work on if necessary. However, I don't use the bed to haul loose items etc. that could bang around and damage the compressor or parts.