• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tire pressure?

utdiesel

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
I've put 50 PSI into my factory tires and noticed a huge different in fuel mileage (around 2-3 MPG) and better braking. What does everyone else run?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I'm right about 45 psi according to the evic.

What tiers do you have? I thought 45 was kinda high. 50 might cause some tread issues over time.

Iirc my tiers are rated for 44 max psi.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I have the factory tires. 42 is what my display says

Right. But they use several oem's. All ram 1500's don't come with the same tiers.

So your evic is saying 42 psi but you put 50 in?

Sorry I'm just a little confused.

ecodiesel1

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
ut diesel put in 50. I just have what the factory put in it. I have goodyear wranglers.sorry for the confusion.

utdiesel

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
Factory good year wranglers. after a few tanks now. 2-3 MPG may be a little extreme.. probably 1-2 would be a better guess.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
I was running 43 psi. After about 5k miles I noticed the tires were wearing a little quicker in the middle of the tread. I have the OEM 20 inch wranglers too. I have gone back down to 41 and will see how things go. I did not see an increase in MPG either way for me. Of course, I was dealing with a DPF issue that may have hindered any MPG gain.
One other thing that I noticed is that the ride is software (as expected) with the pressure down to 41 psi. The truck calls for 39 psi, but I always run my vehicles a few pounds over the recommended pressure and keep and eye on tire wear.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've been running 43-45 in mine for the entire 5,400miles of use. Haven't noticed wear in the middle, but I've not looked for it either. Unless it's drastic, I'll keep it there. Always run them towards the upper psi range on all my vehicles.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Same here. I am overly sensitive anyway, but once tires start wearing a certain way you can't reverse it which is the reason for my over sensitivity. Will keep an eye on your updates if you provide any. If all goes well, I may add more later. Thanks!

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
I have the same scenario as you capri2200 with the factory 20" Goodyear SRA's.... Yep door column says 39, but dealer told me to run them at 41..... Wonder why???

In my old truck with 17's door sticker said to run 40, unless towing then 60 in front and 70 in back.... the latter is the way I ran it most of time because it did get better fuel econ and they wore nicely, I got over 70k on my first set of factory tires by doing that a lot of rotating paired with a balance (every other oil change) ....

ZMan079

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Mine are set 45-47 on the evic...came that way from the dealer and haven't messed with it....I haven't even looked to see what load range they are but more than likely C so 45 is a safe bet...a little worried to swap to E's because I have always noticed a huge ride difference on my old trucks with the 10 plys