• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

to delete or not delete that it the question

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Ok everyone new to the eco diesel just bout a couple months ago, a 2015 with 90k. Looking to delete it, but I keep hearing rumors on how some tuners have gotten into trouble with epa or whatever. Give me the scoop on the best bang for the buck delete process!!!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
There are only a couple tuning options left:
HD diesel supply in canada
Sofa King Tuned.com

The rest have been closed down

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome pcatoe
Do you know if the previous owner had the emissions update done? Some owners are selling their trucks after they get the settlement check. I don't know for sure but I think the additional warranty transfers to you and it covers quite a bit. Deleting the EGR will keep her a lot cleaner but will void the additional warranty. I have not heard of any way to stop the EGR without the ECM knowing.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Yea I was looking at sofa king seems like that’s all that’s left and I’ve heard/read a lot of good things about him. As far as the emissions update I do not have a clue I plan on taking the truck to the dealer and getting some info on it. I did look up the vin and see the same pending recall 19V757. When I bought the truck I did get a 2 yr 24k mike warranty but everyone I have talked to about it said screw that warranty and delete it. I have priced it out around a thousand bucks to do so parts wise.

8v71

Aug 4, 2019
Truck Year
Sorry I Just got back from Moab for thanksgiving, the EGR just sits on top and to the right of the valve cover of the head and and there are no water ports that feed it from the head and the block. Just a heater water hose that goes into the EGR then out of the EGR to a hose that goes to the heater. Just undo both the in and out hose and couple them together, it will not effect the heater out put in anyway. Having said that, PPEI has a kit that couples those hoses together, I cant remember if the hose are different sizes or it is the angle or both. Then you need to remove the jumper pipe from the EGR to the intake manifold, and block of the ports where the pipe once was, you can reuse the gaskets and bolts. There is two differnat size block off plates and a hose coupler to do this, in a kit from PPEI and others on EBAY, just do the research. you can leave the EGR bolted to the head, all you did was Neuter it and stopped the water leak. There is Manifold sensor plug that must be disconnected forward on the intake manifold that must be disconnected, find the instructions to see where it is exactly, a little difficult to reach but doable. If you are going to do this and can't see how to do it, there are still shot instructions and video's put out by somebody other then PPEI that show how they did it. if you want I can hunt it down if you cant find it. at first, it looks daunting but is really quite simple. Be careful about that higher horsepower, make sure you have an EGT gauge, or you will cook it. Without removing the EGR, drilling a hole to put in a EGT probe is going to be difficult when you don't remove the EGR and plug off the turbo/EGR rear port, but you can. read where they are suppose to be placed. FCA and VM has a first class picture of a complete 3.0 VM Moturi bare engine that shows you where everything sits on the motor without the vehicle being rapped around it, Just start looking for it and any related videos about that engine and eventually you will find everything. It takes a bit of research but you are going to learn alot about the engine and what is capable of and above all where everything is. The more money you spend the farther you can take the motor, or stay within a budget until you choose to do more, or be happy with what you have.