• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Torque Pro" For Dummies? For Ecodiesel...

kd1yt

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
I'm incredibly pleased with my 3 week old 3.0d Ram.

I would like to be able to monitor boost and EGTs... and was looking into analog gauges (I am very technically oriented, but more in a hands-on/ analog way than a math/code sorta way)... but it started becoming clear that the Torque Pro Android App, which people can apparently customize to read all sorts of things in gauge-like format from the OBDii data, would be far cheaper and far less invasive...

So I ordered an OBD-Bluetooth adapter-
OBDLink LX Bluetooth Scan Tool

.. but... when I try to read up on 'how to' for the configuration of Torque Pro App (I registered and browsed their forums) its all at a level that's too complex for me to try to surf the early/steep part of the learning curve

Can anyone point me to a way to get acquainted with the way to get Torque Pro to display some of the specific parameters for the Ram 3.0d? I'm most interested in boost and EGT, very open to other things that may be useful but that I don't know about yet.

Thanks in advance!

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
I found this on Google as I've been looking at setting this up.

PID: 016d
Long Name:Fuel RailPressure EcoD
Short Name: Rail P
Minimum value: 0
Maximum value: 655350
Scale Factor: 1x
Unit Type: kPa
Equation: ((D*256)+E)*10

PID: 016d
Long Name:Fuel RailTemp EcoD
Short Name: Rail T
Minimum value: -40
Maximum value: 215
Unit Type: °C
Equation: F-40

PID: 016f
Long Name: Turbo Inlet Pressure EcoD
Short Name: TURB IN P
Maximum value: 255
Equation: B

PID: 0171
Long Name: Variable Geometry Turbo Position EcoD
Short Name: VGT Pos
Maximum value: 100
Unit Type: %
Equation: (C*100)/255

PID: 0173
Long Name: Exhaust Pressure EcoD
Short Name: EXST P
Maximum value: 655.35
Equation: ((B*256)+C)/100

PID: 0177
Long Name: Charge Air Cooler Temp EcoD
Short Name: CAC T
Maximum value: 215
Equation: B-40

PID: 0178
Long Name: Exhaust Gas Temp 2 EcoD
Short Name: EGT2
Maximum value: 6513.5
Equation: (((D*256)+E)/10)-40

PID: 0178
Long Name: Exhaust Gas Temp 3 EcoD
Short Name: EGT3
Maximum value: 6513.5
Equation: (((F*256)+G)/10)-40

PID: 017a
Long Name: DPF Delta Pressure EcoD
Short Name: DPF Delta
Minimum value: -327.68
Maximum value: 327.67
Equation: ((signed(B)*256)+C))/100

PID: 018b
Long Name: DPF Regen Mode
Short Name: Regen M
Maximum value: 1
Unit Type: Mode
Equation: {B:0}

PID: 018b
Long Name: DPF Regen Type
Short Name: Regen T
Maximum value: 1
Unit Type: Mode
Equation: {B:1}

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I run torque pro and maybe I can get a screenshot for you but it's not too complicated.

I monitor my rpms, boost voltage and coolant temp, in addition to that I use the egt1 and catalyst1 temps to monitor regen if it's ever necessary.

I have a 2015and that is all that is available. No dpf temps or other Info, regen Info that I've found or otherwise. Specific to the scangauge but I guess it could be dependant on your obd reader. I use a cheap one but it works.

I know the older 13-14 rams showed more information to basic scan gauges but that is no longer from what I understand.

kd1yt

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks very much JDN- the main things I want to view/monitor are boost and the primary EGT (turbo inlet), which, if I understand correctly, is the data that's "EGT 1" As you say, being able to monitor the cat temp would tell me when a regen is taking place, which I wouldn't mind. So the more limited data for the '15s vs the '14s isn't going to disappoint me all that much.

My biggest question is simply not knowing how to activate/configure/display these particular readouts for this particular type of truck within Torque Pro; I get the sense that the configuring of the display (how you want it to look) may be fairly intuitive, but I am totally unclear on how to pick out/set up these readouts for the Ram 3.0d. Maybe it'll become clear to me once my obd/bluetooth device shows up (predicted for Saturday) and I download and start poking around set-up of Torque Pro- but when people launch into referring to PID# thus and such and various equations, I just am not following what it's about or how to do it...

Thanks!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
you just long press the screen and select which style display you want. Small or medium is best to fit a few on a single page; then it gives you a big list to find which reading

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
Any recommendation on what type of OBD to buy. Will any Bluetooth from eBay work?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I use the basic ELM it works fine for me got it from newegg for about 15$ about two years ago and have used torque for various vehicles that entire time

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Used it on my old Mercedes originally; the wife's BMW x5, a Cadillac, a Pontiac, Chevy pickups, Subaru's, the Ecodiesel and numerous other vehicles I can't recall but I've never had issues with mine. It's not the fastest to connect and maybe it has something to do with limited egt readings (though I'm using the only operable readings from the trucks ecu) but it was inexpensive, highly customizable, and I bought a galaxy 7" tablet for my truck when I got it. It works perfectly.
And split screen on the tablet to run Google maps and torque worked fantastically

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
If you haven't found it yet I believe it's ELM 327