• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Towing a 6000 lb 23' Rogue Jet boat

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
So last monday filled up in Medford OR and reset mpg and trip. From Medford to Grantspass averaged a hair over 30 mpg. I left Grants pass towing my buddies 23 ft RogueJet, jet boat/river sled. He said its about 6000 lbs. I drove up I-5 and near tigard cut across to astoria. I averaged about 15.4 going up. First day of fishing tag out on salmon, the second day we got skunked. My buddy wanted his boat dropped off near gold beach for the up coming weekend. So drove 101 all the way down and average 17 mpg. We left the boat at Agness on the Rogue. I took Bear camp rd back home to talent. ave mpg for all 816 miles was 19 mpg. Man I love this truck. My buddy was driving his chevy duramax pulling a toy hauler trailer and didn't come close to my mileage. The friend riding with me was shocked how well my lil truck did going up the hills on I-5.

6.73.0 ram

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
He was probably getting 10-12 mpg. Not bad for toyauler that probably weighs 14,000-16,000 pounds loaded up with toys.
With my Cummins I average 10.5 mpg when pulling my 5th wheel.

Michael Leone

Sep 6, 2016
Truck Year
WHEN ACCELERATING FROM A STOP WHILE TOWING , IT FEELS LIKE IM GOING OVER A RUMBLE STRIP. DOES ANYONE ELSE GET THIS?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
WHEN ACCELERATING FROM A STOP WHILE TOWING , IT FEELS LIKE IM GOING OVER A RUMBLE STRIP. DOES ANYONE ELSE GET THIS?
Do you have little to no tongue weight? Maybe trailer loaded tail heavy and actually lifting the back of the truck? Wheel spin would feel like that

Salmonslayer

Aug 11, 2016
Truck Year
I pull a 23 ft alumaweld super vee with. 225 Yamaha pump tandem axel trailer and 8 hp kicker. Not sure of weight but last trip got a shade over 20 mpg. I love my truck! Average when not trailering is around 25. SO HAPPY!

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
Hi salmonslayer, I assume you are in the NW? My personal boat is a 18' customweld viper 2, 4.3 v6, and johnson 15hp kicker