• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Traded in Colorado Duramax on Ecodiesel

mountainrev

Aug 27, 2021
Truck Year
Hi, everyone. I recently traded in my 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 "baby" Duramax diesel on a 2017 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. I got more in trade-in than I paid 30,000 miles ago. The Ram ED had a little less miles than my Colorado (37k vs 35k). So far, I love it. The Colorado was more suited for off-road, but the Ram is SO much roomier and more comfortable. I towed our 22' travel trailer over 1,000 miles with the Ram. Similar fuel mileage towing as my Colorado, but felt more comfortable doing it. Mileage without the trailer is a bit better on the Ram than the Colorado. (BTW, I do have bars for my WDH; just hadn't put them on yet when I took this picture).Ram + Bago.jpg

mountainrev

Aug 27, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome. I'm a previous Colorado owner myself.. now in a 3.0L Duramax. I've had them all it seems like.. We hope you make yourself at home here!
How do you like the 3.0 Duramax? I like the idea of an inline-6 diesel. That might be a possible replacement for my current ED down the road. But currently, there are too few used ones, and too expensive for me.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
How do you like the 3.0 Duramax? I like the idea of an inline-6 diesel. That might be a possible replacement for my current ED down the road. But currently, there are too few used ones, and too expensive for me.

I love it.. it's similar to the EcoDiesel as far as power I feel like, but it for sure a more reliable motor at this point. The reported issues so far are pretty minor electrical gremlins.

I'm averaging 26 MPG overall.. very similar to the EcoDiesel. Some 2wd drives do better (I'm 4x4), and if I did solid interstate I could push 28-30 MPG easily.

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome to the ED community! Lots of good info here! I came from a Hemi to the ED and so far am loving the ED.