• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trading in ecodiesel

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
So, I'm starting to look at new trucks. I have a 2014 ED with 165k. I did a refinance about 3 years ago and rolled a few other things into the loan. I still owe 20,000 and pay about 950/month. I know it's a lot. I want to lease my next truck. I'm looking at upgrading, but have no clue what to look at. I thought for that much, I could get pretty much anything. TRX? Rebel? Any recommendations?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
If you are thinking TRX or Rebel, you owe it to yourself to take a look at the Ford Raptor. My brother in law has a Raptor (2018 maybe?) and it is cream of the crop. The power and suspension is amazing and the interior is plush with all the creature comforts you could want. I've never driven a Rebel so I cannot give you a head to head comparison but there are tons of videos on YouTube. Good luck in your search.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
So, I thought I was kinda stuck with a Ram. I live in the middle of nowhere, 1 flashing light type of town, 45 minutes from everything. However, there's a ram dealership where service is really convenient. I like unconnect and what ram offers. Although, I now remember there is a Ford dealership tied to the Ram dealership. I'm going to check them out. Thanks for the tip. I know what I'm not getting. It starts with an e and ends with an L. It rhymes with peekoweasel.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
LOL! The raptors are pretty bada$$, but it depends on if you are willing to give up dramatic mpg decrease. Raptors are not fuel sippers in the v8 or v6TT config. Other than mpg though, i agree they are pretty tough and capable trucks.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
I'm learning about those big badges trucks. The trx gets terrible mpg and the raptor too. I like the Rebel, but may end up with limited