• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission Fluid Change for the Ecodiesel ZF 8HP45

Russel

Oct 21, 2018
Truck Year
Hello Gang,

Are there any matched aftermarket transmission fluid for the 8 & 9 Mopar fluid ?

Thanks

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome yes there is do a search it is out there or someone will list it. Valvoline max life

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
A few links, one from ZF on how to do the oil change on the transmission:

Here are a few options of Compatible Oils:
Must be compatible with Shell M-L 12108

Amsoil

Valvoline Max Life

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
We purchased 2 x gal of Hot Shot's Secret Blue Diamond Severe Duty Transmission Fluid and have about 1/2 gal left over.
Smoooooth, super super smoooooth shifts, lower temps etc. All the things promised.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
I will be using ZF fluid as the manufacture knows what to use, I have another brand car with the ZF 8speed have done that one already, why use something not approved ZF fluid is not that expensive

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
I will be using ZF fluid as the manufacture knows what to use, I have another brand car with the ZF 8speed have done that one already, why use something not approved ZF fluid is not that expensive
That's a good question Ronald. If you look into the MDS, they are approved.

Better question is, what's ZF fluid?

If you look a the chemical breakdown it's ATF with dye in it that reacts to UV light in order to check for leaks.