• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission fluid drain and fill

Andrew kasper

Nov 4, 2016
Truck Year
Well I good evening just joined the group. I decided to do a drain and fill ony 2014 tradesman. Found the hard way, watch the hole video. I drained the fluid at 112 f. Got about 6 qts out of. Went to refill, waited till it came out the plug, but then it started gushing out. Apparently when the truck gets around 140 the bypass valves open and it will drain the tranny cooler. So needless to say I ended up filling my pan and getting a nice oil slick on my driveway. And burned my hand trying to get the plug back on. Will more than likely have to add in the morning. When it has cooled down.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Curious what fluid did you mix back in? I have some champion global synthetic atf leftover and it's enough to do a pan service if it's only ~6qts

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
what is the drain schedule on the transmission fluid? I guess I should pull the manual out now

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
what is the drain schedule on the transmission fluid? I guess I should pull the manual out now
"Lifetime"

typical.

Though it does call for the fluid level to be checked at 40k intervals I think?

Smbrost

Apr 12, 2017
Truck Year
Well I good evening just joined the group. I decided to do a drain and fill ony 2014 tradesman. Found the hard way, watch the hole video. I drained the fluid at 112 f. Got about 6 qts out of. Went to refill, waited till it came out the plug, but then it started gushing out. Apparently when the truck gets around 140 the bypass valves open and it will drain the tranny cooler. So needless to say I ended up filling my pan and getting a nice oil slick on my driveway. And burned my hand trying to get the plug back on. Will more than likely have to add in the morning. When it has cooled down.

Do you have a link for a good video for this. It's on my to do list. Thanks