• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission not shifting under hard acceleration

Norcalnewb

Jun 6, 2019
Truck Year
I have 2014 truck that is not shifting under moderate to hard acceleration. It runs up to a little of 3000 rpm and just hangs there. If I back off the throttle, it shifts. It never down shifts. Just started yesterday, and is a bit of issue when having to accelerate on the highways around Houston. Has anyone seen this? About 185,000 miles on the truck.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I have 2014 truck that is not shifting under moderate to hard acceleration. It runs up to a little of 3000 rpm and just hangs there. If I back off the throttle, it shifts. It never down shifts. Just started yesterday, and is a bit of issue when having to accelerate on the highways around Houston. Has anyone seen this? About 185,000 miles on the truck.
It's probably time for a transmission filter. It is a good idea to service it at regular intervals. I do mine ever 50k on all my vehicles. You might give it a try. DIY about $450. Either way at your mileage it's a good idea.