• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

transmission

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
If you are talking about 8th gear, yes, that is normal. One of the updates that accompanied the July 2017 oil spec updates reprogrammed the tranny shift points. Engine bearings were/are frying and so one component of FCA's solution was to keep the engines rpm's/oil pressure a little higher. My truck very rarely hits 8th gear, and when it does it isn't there very damn long.

Albert Veldstra

Mar 5, 2018
Truck Year
If you are talking about 8th gear, yes, that is normal. One of the updates that accompanied the July 2017 oil spec updates reprogrammed the tranny shift points. Engine bearings were/are frying and so one component of FCA's solution was to keep the engines rpm's/oil pressure a little higher. My truck very rarely hits 8th gear, and when it does it isn't there very damn long.

so doesn't that mess up the fuel millage and what are they doing about that?

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Can the tuner adjust for this?

Not sure if the eco diesel has ECM and a TCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EcoDiesel vehicles have both - ECM is under the hood, TCM is inside the transmission. Our tunes for both remedy this issue, you're in 8th gear generally from 53mph at worst depending on vehicle config. 8th gear to your heart's content.

Rob 2018 Laramie

Jul 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2018 and mine just started to do the same thing. I had a 4” BDS lift put in and it seemed to start shortly after that. Don’t know what that would have to do with it. I only have 12,000 miles and it never used to do that. Driving back and forth to work at 60 it never shifts into 8th unless I set the cruise at 60 then accelerate up to 62 and let off the gas. It only hits 8 when coming down. Same on the highway at 75. It’s hurting my MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
It can be resolved... The engine bearings? That's still the million dollar question. Get rid of the EGR?

instagram.com/sofakingtuned
facebook.com/sofakingtuned