• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck died while driving and wont restart now

Rick b1014

Mar 2, 2022
Truck Year
So while driving on the highway my truck started to hesitate and shake while passing a semi truck. I would press on the gas pedal and it would keep going and then start shaking like it was not getting fuel. So I had got it towed to the dealer to do the update on the tone wheel, as all the symptoms which I was having corresponded with issues it would be causing to past trucks. The dealer did the update and the truck still wouldn't start. I noticed when you put the truck into run I didn't hear the lift pump start up to prime the system. The dealer checked the fuel control actuator and there was a little piece of dirt and was trying to tell me it was metal. Got to the love the honesty of the dealer ships !! if i was not there ! would of be putting a hole new fuel system in. I changed my lift pump, primed the system and no go.
Will a bad battery cause the system failure ? not enough voltage to run all the electronic garbage?
Should your FCA make noise on the high pressure pump when the push button is in run position before start up?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
All Ram 1500s have in tank lift pump, what alarms me is you said gas pedal. Did you put gas in Your tank? Yes ,the FCA will buzz for about 1 second.... if it can turn over you have enough voltage to start.

Rick b1014

Mar 2, 2022
Truck Year
No I meant to say fuel. So what do you hear prior to starting you’re truck? Is that the lift pump and what else ? I don’t hear it since my truck died. I replaced the lift pump already and It comes on for sure. Just feel like the dealer is taking me for a ride.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its take at total of five minutes to Check Lift/feed Pump Pressure on any Ram 2014 to current (With gage)....NO....Need to guess, if the pressure does not spike to above 50PSI with ACC on until timed out, the truck will not Start, Why Because that's the minimum Pressure Needed to open the COV to feed the combustion circuit in all CP4 3.0VM 1500 Rams