• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck shudder

Lawrence E Gallegos

Nov 18, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
This weekend I towed a trailer for the first time and noticed that when I got up to speeds of 60-70 miles per hour the truck had a shudder to it. Once the truck reached speeds of 75 it stopped and ran smooth. Has anyone else experienced this and is it just what this ecodiesal does or is there an issue?

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Your 1st post didn't say anything about you had towed it 1000 times prior with a F150. How long have you owned this Ram?, the year, condition?,miles?, lifted?, large tires? does it do it when not towing?, is the rear of the truck squatted down some when towing?, size of the trailer and weight?, have the wheels been checked for balance, and if so road force balance? if you want some tips please give some details.

Lawrence E Gallegos

Nov 18, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Your 1st post didn't say anything about you had towed it 1000 times prior with a F150. How long have you owned this Ram?, the year, condition?,miles?, lifted?, large tires? does it do it when not towing?, is the rear of the truck squatted down some when towing?, size of the trailer and weight?, have the wheels been checked for balance, and if so road force balance? if you want some tips please give some details.

Lawrence E Gallegos

Nov 18, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
2018 Ram ecodiesal, 1,870 miles, no modifications, strictly stock Bighorn, owned the truck for 2 months, no squat,bought new, total weight of trailer and UTV is approx 2200lbs. No shudder when not towing. I greased it in September and also towed the trailer just yesterday with my buddies truck (2018 stock F150 ) and no shudder at all. Re connected the trailer to the Ram again last night and drove it again. Between 60-70 the truck began to shudder, at speeds before that and after nothing, just at those speeds.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Well if it only happens when towing your trailer it has to be the trailer, a wind buffeting issue, a load on the driveline, have you towed a different trailer?, what is this trailer ?, utility, travel trailer?, I if it was me would go find a trailer of similar weight and start there, this may be a wind issue with the shape of the truck and the trailer

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
you shouldn't even know 2200 pounds is there! I tow 4000 lbs. all the time and have never had any shudder at all. Weird that it didn't do it with the Ford. It has to be something with the set up. height, weight distribution, something fairly easy to solve. Is the trailer level? maybe a little more or less drop on the ball? just a couple ideas.