• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Truck won’t start

Spencer0503

Feb 10, 2020
Truck Year
Was getting on freeway and I hit the Excelerator then truck lost all power, then shut off. All kinds of stuff started flashing and now the truck cranks over but won’t start like it’s not getting fuel or power? 2015 Eco diesel

John

Nov 13, 2015
Typical failure of the crank position sensor/reluctor wheel. The sensor is covered under the AEM warranty but not the wheel. It's usually the reluctor wheel that fails by losing a piece of the magnet.

Spencer0503

Feb 10, 2020
Truck Year
Typical failure of the crank position sensor/reluctor wheel. The sensor is covered under the AEM warranty but not the wheel. It's usually the reluctor wheel that fails by losing a piece of the magnet.
Checked codes today and got p016d, p0336, p061c, p062b and u1401 three times each. What do you think?

John

Nov 13, 2015
PO16C & D is RPM engine related
P0336 is crankshaft sensor code
Not sure about the U1401 but most likely all related to the crank position sensor/reluctor wheel.

Spencer0503

Feb 10, 2020
Truck Year
Thank you both for your help and time. I now know it’s out of my wheel house, because I hate transmissions and from what I can read I have to drop it to fix it correct? If so I’m taking it in.

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Yes Sir Bad Design all around on location and part. the sensor should be covered under the new extended warranty but the wheel cost me $1,100 installed.

Spencer0503

Feb 10, 2020
Truck Year
That sucks a big one. I’m going to have it done because I love this truck. I have my F350 for my big towing but no 1/2 ton truck out there can come pair to it’s speed, power, ride and most of all how it handles on the roads or dirt.