• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo failure

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
I have 140,000 miles on my 2014 ecodiesel. The thing started shifting wrong and lost power, took it in and they said the turbo faild. Has anyone had this issue? At 113,000 miles my EGR faild too, could that have caused my turbo failuer?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I doubt it. Its surprising the EGR / EGR cooler lasted that long (113k miles). The turbo is covered now under the ecodiesel settlement. Maybe you should seek reimbursement for both.

You should put a Sofa King tune on that truck so the EGR does not trouble you again. Makes the truck much better.

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
I doubt it. Its surprising the EGR / EGR cooler lasted that long (113k miles). The turbo is covered now under the ecodiesel settlement. Maybe you should seek reimbursement for both.

You should put a Sofa King tune on that truck so the EGR does not trouble you again. Makes the truck much better.
How do I send in info for the settlement?

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Fair warning if you take it in for the $3,075 AEM settlement dollars it will noticeably degrade both your engine & transmission tunes. And yes FCA might cover / reimburse you for the EGR cooler & or turbo. (IF the turbo is actually bad. WiTech only shows what could be a problem for x errors.) The good news is both GDE & SK have engine & transmission tunes to make your truck better than stock. Let alone AEM tune and they cost less than half the AEM settlement dollars. FWIW Green diesel engineering also has an upgrade for the original turbo in case it’s actually bad and in case the turbo were not to be covered by warranty.

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
Fair warning if you take it in for the $3,075 AEM settlement dollars it will noticeably degrade both your engine & transmission tunes. And yes FCA might cover / reimburse you for the EGR cooler & or turbo. (IF the turbo is actually bad. WiTech only shows what could be a problem for x errors.) The good news is both GDE & SK have engine & transmission tunes to make your truck better than stock. Let alone AEM tune and they cost less than half the AEM settlement dollars. FWIW Green diesel engineering also has an upgrade for the original turbo in case it’s actually bad and in case the turbo were not to be covered by warranty.
The turbo has already been replaced, it was covered under my warranty but the EGR wasn't. The EGR was $2,300 to fix. Now it's back in the shop for intake manifold failure and full fuel system failure too. The turbo blades were badly damaged due to the shaft braking or something like that they said.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Just had my EGR cooler replaced this week under the extended warranty including a loaner while they fixed it...if you haven't done anything to void the new extended warranty get a copy and hold their feet to the fire.