• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo mod.

Codyluker10

Aug 1, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and this is my first post so let’s see how it goes!

I have a 2014 eco diesel with the 60 hp ppei tune, flopro 3in exhaust, and S&B cold air intake. Leveled with 33x12.5x20 Toyo mt.

Anyways, I am Seriously considering a turbo mod. What is the best option to choose? Twin? Add on/ compound turbo? Are these even good options.
Looking to see what people have done. This truck is already sweet, looking to take it up another couple levels.
Thanks guys, Cody.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
What do you hope to get out of the mod? Better mpg? More power? Just mod for fun?

Codyluker10

Aug 1, 2019
Truck Year
More power, but not so much that it leads to breaking things left and right. Would love to hear the whistle too. I had a 6.0 and loved that whistle but doubt I can get anything close to that in this one

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I would just caution you about doing anything with this power plant with the intent to garner more power. These engines do not have a good track record under normal operating conditions. I don’t imagine they hold together any better by souping them up.

Codyluker10

Aug 1, 2019
Truck Year
I wasn’t aware that they had a lot of issues. I’m at 100k miles as well as two of my buddies and none of us have had any problems (knock on wood).
I know that adding to the turbo will lower egt temp considerably as well as a few other temps which is all good for the motor, so what is the down side of doing the conversion

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I’m not an expert at all. I would just encourage you to read about all the problems the Eco diesels are having in the short time they have been in production.

I think once you do, you might just keep that $2500 in your back pocket instead of spending it on a turbo mod. You may need that money for repairs sooner than later.

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I’m not an expert at all. I would just encourage you to read about all the problems the Eco diesels are having in the short time they have been in production.

I think once you do, you might just keep that $2500 in your back pocket instead of spending it on a turbo mod. You may need that money for repairs sooner than later.
Never mind $2500, you'd need about $10-11 000 in your pocket to replace the motor when you blow it...

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I’m trying to be positive, lol, I have ruffled a few feathers on here with my “doom & gloom”.

Codyluker10

Aug 1, 2019
Truck Year
Will look into the issues with them.
I will say that I’m very impressed with my truck. I have an awfully heavy foot and have given this truck a run for it’s money. So far so good.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I wasn’t aware that they had a lot of issues. I’m at 100k miles as well as two of my buddies and none of us have had any problems (knock on wood).
I know that adding to the turbo will lower egt temp considerably as well as a few other temps which is all good for the motor, so what is the down side of doing the conversion

Sounds awesome, does someone even make a turbo conversion kit?

Luc_sko

May 29, 2019
Truck Year
Espos diesel based in Plattsburgh NY sells a compound kit or they use too. H&S developed a compound kit also. Diesel power performance sells it on their website. The H&S gives a great whistle. You could run it with your 60 tune or upgrade the tune if wanted. GDE also has a tune for a compound setup.

Codyluker10

Aug 1, 2019
Truck Year
Espos diesel based in Plattsburgh NY sells a compound kit or they use too. H&S developed a compound kit also. Diesel power performance sells it on their website. The H&S gives a great whistle. You could run it with your 60 tune or upgrade the tune if wanted. GDE also has a tune for a compound setup.
Would love to put the H&S compound on. If anyone has added it I would love to know your personal opinions!