• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo whine

DeeEss

Nov 5, 2022
Truck Year
Hey all
First post here. Trying to come up with next steps. I’ve got a ‘15 ecodiesel with 221000 km on it. Did the emissions delete with the HD diesel supply tune around 125000. Bought the EGR delete kit a while back and hadn’t had time to install. Started just recently noticing some coolant under the truck at times and topped coolant up as needed until I could get the kit installed.

Towing an empty 12’ cargo trailer last night, it threw a code “service electronic throttle”. Truck into limp mode. I would shut the truck off and it would “reset” to get me home. Had to do that a few times.

Checked the codes and got p0234 and u1424. I’ve read everything I could find so far on it.
Cleared the codes, cleaned the MAP sensor, which was horribly plugged, and installed the EGR delete kit.
Codes are not showing on the scanner and after roughly 70 km of driving highway and city, no codes. Driving seems normal. Instant L/100km seems slightly higher.

However, I’m getting a whine that sounds to me like it’s from the turbo. I’m scared to ask, but is it possible the turbo is going?

link to video with whine:

Attachments

• 96A11BE4-5B0E-45ED-97FC-DC04ED413E4F.jpeg
    96A11BE4-5B0E-45ED-97FC-DC04ED413E4F.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 9FFE5225-7A6D-480E-98B6-7D29722F9C8E.jpeg
    9FFE5225-7A6D-480E-98B6-7D29722F9C8E.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 7

Daniellarsen

Aug 29, 2021
Truck Year
I did the HP tuner delete kit. I haven't had any problems. I've got 120,000 on my 2015. I do have a wine coming from my turbo. I just figured it was pulling the cat and the diesel filter because I got it right after right pulled that stuff.

DeeEss

Nov 5, 2022
Truck Year
I did the HP tuner delete kit. I haven't had any problems. I've got 120,000 on my 2015. I do have a wine coming from my turbo. I just figured it was pulling the cat and the diesel filter because I got it right after right pulled that
I did the HP tuner delete kit. I haven't had any problems. I've got 120,000 on my 2015. I do have a wine coming from my turbo. I just figured it was pulling the cat and the diesel filter because I got it right after right pulled that stuff.
Is it the same one you can hear in my video?
mine was always a higher pitch. I still hear it, but now there is a lower toned whine, mostly noticeable around 1500-2000 rpm range.
it seems to have popped up when the truck threw the overboost code (p0234). Truck seems to be fine, no codes active but can still hear it.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Hey all
First post here. Trying to come up with next steps. I’ve got a ‘15 ecodiesel with 221000 km on it. Did the emissions delete with the HD diesel supply tune around 125000. Bought the EGR delete kit a while back and hadn’t had time to install. Started just recently noticing some coolant under the truck at times and topped coolant up as needed until I could get the kit installed.

Towing an empty 12’ cargo trailer last night, it threw a code “service electronic throttle”. Truck into limp mode. I would shut the truck off and it would “reset” to get me home. Had to do that a few times.

Checked the codes and got p0234 and u1424. I’ve read everything I could find so far on it.
Cleared the codes, cleaned the MAP sensor, which was horribly plugged, and installed the EGR delete kit.
Codes are not showing on the scanner and after roughly 70 km of driving highway and city, no codes. Driving seems normal. Instant L/100km seems slightly higher.

However, I’m getting a whine that sounds to me like it’s from the turbo. I’m scared to ask, but is it possible the turbo is going?

link to video with whine:
Hello here’s my 2 cents sounds like you have a small exhaust leak from your egr delete area

DeeEss

Nov 5, 2022
Truck Year
Hello here’s my 2 cents sounds like you have a small exhaust leak from your egr delete area
Hey there, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this started occurring prior to the egr delete. I installed the delete kit in place of cleaning soot out of tubes.