• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

U0101 code. No communication between ECM and TCM

Coadja62

Dec 3, 2022
Truck Year
Hello everyone, my name is Doug. I own a 2019, 1500 classic with a 3 liter eco-diesel. Last Friday out of nowhere, my truck from a dead stop shuttered violently and then immediate a red light warning and a message to not stop and leave your vehicle in drive to your destination. If I stopped it, it would not start again. I was able to make it back to my work, but unfortunately as soon as I stopped, the truck is now dead in the water. It's in gear, my turn dial for the transmission has all the lights on and can't be moved. It won't start either until I can get it back in park. I'm pretty sure it's an electrical problem, but where. It only has 124,000 kms on it or roughly 70,000 miles. Has anyone had this problem and if so, what did they find out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Hello everyone, my name is Doug. I own a 2019, 1500 classic with a 3 liter eco-diesel. Last Friday out of nowhere, my truck from a dead stop shuttered violently and then immediate a red light warning and a message to not stop and leave your vehicle in drive to your destination. If I stopped it, it would not start again. I was able to make it back to my work, but unfortunately as soon as I stopped, the truck is now dead in the water. It's in gear, my turn dial for the transmission has all the lights on and can't be moved. It won't start either until I can get it back in park. I'm pretty sure it's an electrical problem, but where. It only has 124,000 kms on it or roughly 70,000 miles. Has anyone had this problem and if so, what did they find out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
You do know you can manually bypass the gear selection knob. The instructions are in the manual.

Coadja62

Dec 3, 2022
Truck Year
Unfortunately you can't use the manual mode if the ECM and the TCM can't communicate. It's stuck in gear because there a electronic problem. We tried the manual mode, and it did nothing.

PA Steve

Jun 21, 2018
Truck Year
I had a similar issue happen to me while driving in very heavy rain. There are a couple of large wiring harnesses running along the frame of the truck on the driver's side. Beneath the passenger compartment are a couple of large connectors on these harnesses that secure to the frame with some plastic clips. Mine connectors were hanging and water got into them. I unplugged them, dried them, and then used a hair dryer to completely get any moisture out. Plugged them back together and all okay. Check these connectors for moisture of corrosion.

PA Steve

Jun 21, 2018
Truck Year
Good luck with it. Also, I was able to use the manual override to put the truck in neutral. I don't think the electronics have anything to do with the override, it's a mechanical release. You might not have pulled the lever out far enough.