• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Uconnect recall

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
How old is your truck or is the recall for all the 2014 and 15 trucks? I only bought mine 3 weeks ago.. I hope the recall issues are not on it ...

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I imagine that yours should be up to date it is all 2014 and 15 uconnect nav systems but the recall went into effect a couple months ago so in theory yours is already done

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Pretty sure it's the security issue recall/fix with the 8.4 system that can be hacked into.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Brown is correct. It is to a dress the security of the uconnect system

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I don't think, it an issue in Canada, as we don't have sprint service here. My understanding, I'll stand corrected, Dodge Ram uses Sprint cellular/data Network for remote access and no other company is set up/authorized for it. You can download the update from Dodge Ram site, put it on an empty USB stick and plug into USB port for the unit. Instruction are online. I did download it, but decided not to update, until I get more info on it. Don't like the policy of updates without details what is being done. Often they will claim one issue is being addressed but make other changes without your knowledge.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
If I had it to do over again I would not update my radio. I downloaded the s/w from Uconnect shortly after release and installed it. My Radio, specifically Hands Free, has been buggy since requiring a soft boot a couple of times.

There is really nothing to worry about with the so called hacking IMO, FCA just responding to the media.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Mine is a late 2015 and I had recently received the USB recall update. I saw what this whole recall was about a while back, before some large computer hacking convention someone had found a code to access their 2014 dart I believe it was.

They were able to start and stop the vehicle etc remotely even if it was driving.

An obvious safety concern if someone could shut down any random FCA vehicle with Uconnect remotely.

The hackers in good faith notified FCA of the security breech.

Of course with a strongly opinionated FCA against the hackers doing so; they still released a PORTION of the code to display at their convention.

Anyways the recall is just a security update in response to this scenario to ensure only authorized remote access.

I wouldn't attribute any buggy behavior to anything but Uconnect alone. It's not a new issue caused by the security update I would not think.

And Seiko this applies to every Uconnect equipped vehicle. It is not limited to the US market so you will receive a notice eventually.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Yes, I'm aware all of the truck will get updated by FCA and will be done automatically when you bring your vehicle for service/oil change, etc. They also update the truck firmware at same time if any updates come out.

I just decided not to do it myself.

They won't even tell you in advance, until it done when you get your invoice/pick up your vehicle. That what my dealer did.

The last Truck firmware resulted in REGEN Distance PID no longer exist. Edge is aware of it and no longer a valid PID, unless FCA put back the feature.

Since updating my iPhone 6, I have a few extra features that weren't there below, like text notification, view, read, etc.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah I understand where you are coming from with the hidden or unadvertised features to any update..