• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

T Bone

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
Looking at performance chips for my truck. Anyone use these? Was told if I remove it before service it wont affect the warranty

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I do not think there r chips for the eco diesel they will program the existing chip

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Just finished e-mailing with Sofa King seems like a very knowledgeable and friendly outfit. Paid for the Sofa King Tune this time with confidence, I guess there was a problem with the web site but works fine now. I'm going to receive the items tomorrow (Saturday) to download my trucks numbers engine and transmission, I'll tell you right now I'm no computer expert, so if I can do it anyone can. Sofa King told me I'll have my new numbers within 24hrs, hopefully everything goes well. I'll keep everyone informed as to how hard the installation was and how well my Eco Ram runs now🤞👍
24 hours during the week 😎

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
What are your views on the debate of GDE tune vs Soft King tune.
Sofa King Tuned vs GED? We can OBD2 tune and they cannot. With us, free transmission flash updates, ECU is truly $50. It's $100 with them after shipping.. Plus you're not able to drive your vehicle without an ECU (them).
SFT.....no waiting, SEND IT!

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
How long has Sofa King been in business. How much is your ecm tune and trans flash. Do you send something that allows me to use my OBD2 to flash the ecm.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Sofa King Tuned vs GED? We can OBD2 tune and they cannot. With us, free transmission flash updates, ECU is truly $50. It's $100 with them after shipping.. Plus you're not able to drive your vehicle without an ECU (them).
SFT.....no waiting, SEND IT!
I'm sure both tunes are fine. GDE can OBD2 tune but chooses not to for several reasons. GDE also offers an ECU exchange so no down time.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
GDE has better street performance, better fuel economy, more linear response, cleaner engine oil and less turbo lag vs. any competition. The delivery mechanism (Bench flash vs. OBD) is minor. The fuel economy improvement with GDE pays for the tune in about 40,000 miles.

John

Nov 13, 2015
GDE has better street performance, better fuel economy, more linear response, cleaner engine oil and less turbo lag vs. any competition. The delivery mechanism (Bench flash vs. OBD) is minor. The fuel economy improvement with GDE pays for the tune in about 40,000 miles.
Well said!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
my experience was great. Fuel economy, clean oil, smooth operation and trouble free ownership.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I had the AME tune recall done like a lot of people on this forum, the truck drives Horribly. This also changed the transmission shift pattern, the trans now only shift out of each gear around 2500 rpms. I was wondering if got only get the ECM tune will it change the trans shift pattern to pre AME tune or will I have to get the trans tune as well. Any HELP will be greatly appreciated.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I had the AME tune recall done like a lot of people on this forum, the truck drives Horribly. This also changed the transmission shift pattern, the trans now only shift out of each gear around 2500 rpms. I was wondering if got only get the ECM tune will it change the trans shift pattern to pre AME tune or will I have to get the trans tune as well. Any HELP will be greatly appreciated.
The AEM flashes both the ECM & TCM so I would suspect you would need the trans tune too.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I had the AM
I had the AMA tune recall done like a lot of people on this forum, the truck drives Horribly. This also changed the transmission shift pattern, the trans now only shifts out of each gear at around 2500 rpms. I was wondering if I got only the ECM tune would it change the transmission shift pattern to pre AME tune or will I have to get the transmission tune as well. ANY HELP will be greatly appreciated.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I had the AM

I had the AMA tune recall done like a lot of people on this forum, the truck drives Horribly. This also changed the transmission shift pattern, the trans now only shifts out of each gear at around 2500 rpms. I was wondering if I got only the ECM tune would it change the transmission shift pattern to pre AME tune or will I have to get the transmission tune as well. ANY HELP will be greatly appreciated.
Again, The AEM flashes both the ECM & TCM so I would suspect you would need the trans tune too.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

I have to disagree!
1 - I've tried both and find none of the points in the above declaring better, more, cleaner, less or vs are
exclusive to GDE. After trying both I can positively make the same statements about SFT.
2 - I have found SFT to be as advertised and have experienced 100% better customer support than GDE.
3 - IMHO their product, pricing and customer service make SFT the better choice.
I'm not badmouthing GDE as they have a great and proven tune. I'm just saying that Green Diesel remarks are not accurate.

Last edited:

John

Nov 13, 2015
I have to disagree!
1 - I've tried both and find none of the points in the above declaring better, more, cleaner, less or vs are
exclusive to GDE. After trying both I can positively make the same statements about SFT.
2 - I have found SFT to be as advertised and have experienced 100% better customer support than GDE.
3 - IMHO their product, pricing and customer service make SFT the better choice.
I'm not badmouthing GDE as they have a great and proven tune. I'm just saying that Green Diesel remarks are not accurate.
Seriously? With all due respect I have to call this a case of no GDE in California blues. You can't possibly backup your statement "I'm just saying that Green Diesel remarks are not accurate." with seat of the pants experience.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Seriously? With all due respect I have to call this a case of no GDE in California blues.

Yep! You called it right. If GDE could still sell/support in Califunny I would still be a GDE customer.
It may have been a blessing as it forced me to look elsewhere and find a great alternative.