• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

40milesout

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 EcoDiesel that has run like a dream until I went in for an oil change. They perform the recall without my permission and now the truck runs terrible. I spoke to the service manager and pleaded with them however they said 08 runs fine the computer doesn't show any errors whatsoever. Are there any third-party modules or tuning that I can get that will not void my warranty? I am completely at a loss.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Any tune can potentially void your warranty. GDE has a tune that the dealer typically will not know it's present. It's not available if your vehicle is registered in CA. GDE is IMO one of the best options. You swap your ECM and that's pretty simple

SofaKing will sell to CA residents and most like their tune. This one is installed through the OBD port and will register as a flash. This can be seen more easily by dealers.

40milesout

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
Any tune can potentially void your warranty. GDE has a tune that the dealer typically will not know it's present. It's not available if your vehicle is registered in CA. GDE is IMO one of the best options. You swap your ECM and that's pretty simple

SofaKing will sell to CA residents and most like their tune. This one is installed through the OBD port and will register as a flash. This can be seen more easily by dealers.

I am in TX. So what is GDE? Sorry, not too familiar with the acronyms as of yet. Where do I do the swap that you mentioned?

nw2015gc

Jul 22, 2019
Truck Year
Hello,

I had the Emissions Recall updated 5/31/19 and am disappointed. The Performance is sluggish, shift points changed and shifts a little harder. Hills that required no downshifts before are requiring downshifts to 7th gear some as low as 5th. DO NOT get the update. Dealer cannot help, I have logged a complaint with Ram!

I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee with the ecodiesel. Same problems. Shift patters changed, pauses between shifts when uphill and acts as if it will stall with a funny buzzing noise, multiple engine exhaust regenerations within 1,000 miles, you name it. Dealer is at a loss, I've decided FCA wants to keep them in the dark.

fishmojo

Nov 23, 2018
Truck Year
I just got my AEM flash today, along with oil change and fuel filter. I guess I am one f the lucky ones so far. Truck feels and drives exactly the same.

40milesout

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
My Green diesel GDE came in and is installed. It is like a whole new truck. Very powerful.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
If anyone has not called Chrysler to complain you should.
here is the number 1-844-827-2006.
They are getting a lot of complaints based on my conversation with them.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hello,

I had the Emissions Recall updated 5/31/19 and am disappointed. The Performance is sluggish, shift points changed and shifts a little harder. Hills that required no downshifts before are requiring downshifts to 7th gear some as low as 5th. DO NOT get the update. Dealer cannot help, I have logged a complaint with Ram!
Good luck on your complaint with ram, 99% of ALL the people who got the the new AME Updates to their trucks feel the same way. I think Ram fooled a lot of people by telling them that the new AME update would not affect the mpg's or the performance of their trucks. I think that is the WORST thing that I ever did to my truck.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Good luck on your complaint with ram, 99% of ALL the people who got the the new AME Updates to their trucks feel the same way. I think Ram fooled a lot of people by telling them that the new AME update would not affect the mpg's or the performance of their trucks. I think that is the WORST thing that I ever did to my truck.
Wondering how you come up with your 99% statistic? That would be something like 108,000 owners.

Nostood

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
I am so frustrated that FCA says that there will be no change in performance or mpg. Technically on the MPG they may be correct in that the actual mileage per gallon didn’t change, instead the displayed mileage did. I dropped from combined city/highway mileage of 24.5 mpg (in Arizona with the A/C on all the time) to 20.5. Driving it back from Toledo to Phoenix last year I was thrilled to record over 30 mpg highway. Now I know that to have been way overstated.

I too have been shocked with the hesitation issue when accelerating in panic situations and believe it to be very dangerous. They took what I felt really good about in terms of performance and gas mileage and messed it up. And they don’t even have a buy back option like Volkswagen. My understanding is Volkswagen had to offer the buyback because there was no way for them to approach their stated performance and mileage with a software flash. I would argue the same with FCA - this decreased performance and actual reported mileage cannot bring the vehicles back into alignment with their stated performance. I fully intend to cash the settlement check then join in a follow on lawsuit. This is bs.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Wondering how you come up with your 99% statistic? That would be something like 108,000 owners.
The 99% was used only as a figure of speech, but it is a VERY LARGE amount of people who have gotten the recall installed that have made these same responds.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I am so frustrated that FCA says that there will be no change in performance or mpg. Technically on the MPG they may be correct in that the actual mileage per gallon didn’t change, instead the displayed mileage did. I dropped from combined city/highway mileage of 24.5 mpg (in Arizona with the A/C on all the time) to 20.5. Driving it back from Toledo to Phoenix last year I was thrilled to record over 30 mpg highway. Now I know that to have been way overstated.

I too have been shocked with the hesitation issue when accelerating in panic situations and believe it to be very dangerous. They took what I felt really good about in terms of performance and gas mileage and messed it up. And they don’t even have a buy back option like Volkswagen. My understanding is Volkswagen had to offer the buyback because there was no way for them to approach their stated performance and mileage with a software flash. I would argue the same with FCA - this decreased performance and actual reported mileage cannot bring the vehicles back into alignment with their stated performance. I fully intend to cash the settlement check then join in a follow on lawsuit. This is bs.
Keep us posted on the results of your lawsuit.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year

You May want to read the settlement close. When you accept the terms of the settlement you waive any rights in a related suit.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
The 99% was used only as a figure of speech, but it is a VERY LARGE amount of people who have gotten the recall installed that have made these same responds.

I agree Ram for Life....

These forums are so funny... some take a simple question or comment and want to throw a twist or jab. Wonder how John came up with his 108,000 figure? That would mean that there are 109091 EcoDiesel owners.

Before anyone comments.... 99 % of 109091is 108000.08. (The .08 is someone that took the EcoDiesel on a test drive 🤪)

Would be nice to keep such forums informative.......

John

Nov 13, 2015
I agree Ram for Life....

These forums are so funny... some take a simple question or comment and want to throw a twist or jab. Wonder how John came up with his 108,000 figure? That would mean that there are 109091 EcoDiesel owners.

Before anyone comments.... 99 % of 109091is 108000.08. (The .08 is someone that took the EcoDiesel on a test drive 🤪)

Would be nice to keep such forums informative.......
No twist or jab from me. It just bothers me when people throw out misleading information. There's no way anyone can state 99% and be accurate.

Are you saying there are more than 109,901 ecodiesel owners? If so, you are absolutely correct.

My figure was purposely low allowing for some owners who will not get the update.

The proposed class-action lawsuit targets about 150,000 model year 2014-2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel vehicles that allegedly cost $4,700 more than normal because of "clean" emissions technology.

ramfan

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
I have an '18, which is not covered under the lawsuit, that has exhibited these same symptoms since day 1. I have just under 18k miles on it and have almost been in a couple accidents because it falls on it's face pulling into traffic. Once it's warm, it typically does well.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Either sell it or tune it. That's really the only thing.. it's weird how some trucks are dogs are others seem to be fine.
I can NO LONGER DRIVE MY TRUCK AFTER THE RECALL up date without a tune, it is not the same truck after the tune from the dealer. I have read a lot of info about two tune that I and considering ( GDE and SOFA KING ) . Both seems to be great tunes, I believe that GDE has been in the tune business longer than any one else and I have read a lot of good thing about them. Also I have call them and asked them questions and they did not make me feel like I was stupid. FOR MY MONEY ONLY, I will be going with Green Diesel Engineering.

oldkartracer

Aug 7, 2019
Truck Year
I'm not a happy camper either. I just filed the following complaint on the government website - NHTSA.gov

It only takes a few minutes. I would suggest that anyone who is unhappy about this recall file a complaint also. The more the merrier!

"re: 2015 Ram 1500 pickup with 3.0 Ecodiesel engine and automatic transmission

Following the V08 emissions recall, drivability has been seriously reduced and has created dangerous throttle lag and improper automatic transmission gear selection. I would summarize these issues as turbo lag and improper shift mapping.

When accelerating from a complete stop there is a 2-3 second lag before the vehicle begins to move even if the throttle is fully depressed. If you are executing a right or left turn into traffic or crossing an intersection this will leave you exposed to a "T-Bone" collision.

After this lag it will then accelerate rapidly at full throttle, much faster than you are expecting. if you are executing a turn this could cause loss of control or a wider turn than desired, possibly into another lane of traffic or off the far side of the road.

This behavior is even more pronounced when the vehicle has not been run (cold engine). Climbing a moderate hill shortly after pulling out of my driveway forces the driver to manually downshift the automatic transmission to first gear to get any forward travel. Again, the vehicle will rapidly accelerate after the 2-3 second lag. Once returning to "Drive" at 15-25 MPH the transmission will up-shift several gears and then begin slowing, dropping engine RPM to 1,000, again forcing a manual down-shift to second or third gear to maintain speed. The engine produces almost no power until the engine reaches 2000 RPM.

All of this behavior began after the noted recall. I have contacted a Ram dealer regarding this performance and was told that this is a common complaint. They mentioned that the factory was aware of this but has no remedy available."